• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Purple antler

Started by John_NY, April 13, 2010, 02:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

I grabbed a piece of mule deer antler tonight to turn and as it was spinnning it was getting darker and I thought "no I couldn't have hit marrow already" so I stopped the lathe to take a look at it, it was almost all purple. So I decided to just touch it up a little so I didn't lose the color. It's all natural. I thought it was kinda neat.
John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Todd Rahm

It is neat John. The horn has a real nice color to it, that kinda in my own words softens the calls appeal.  :congrats: I think it looks great with the wood ya used (which is?), but man I think that colored horn would have been down right addicting with an Ebony wood. (Insert drooling smilie).  ;yes;

John_NY

Thanks Todd. The mouth piece is shedua.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

alscalls

I like em when they got purple in em like that.....   :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Yotehntr

:confused: I've wondered why they do that sometimes.. Sharp call John.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

COYOTE INC

I have never seen purple antler.....very interesting and nice finish with the wood! :yoyo: