• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Grilled or Baked Goose

Started by R Buker, January 19, 2007, 09:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R Buker

I like this one in the oven or on the grill.  And, it's sooooo simple.

Skin the goose breast and fillet off the halves so they are boneless.  Rince in cold water and pat dry.  Then roll the breast halves in coffee grounds.  Wrap these halves in bacon and pin down with toothpics.  Cook them fairly hot (hot grill or 400 in oven).  The secret is using a meat thermometer.  Check it and only cook it to 120 degrees at the thickest part, take out and let it rest for 5 minutes.

It's soooo good everyone will be asking for a spot in my blind!!

FinsnFur

Something about that grip just ... :nono:....dont seem right.  :wo:

I need a spot in the blind to obtain a bird and test this recipe too.  :biggrin: Or at least be able to hold it like that  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

R Buker

You know where I live.  Come on up!

Jerry Hunsley

I had a friend who worked in the same building as I did. He was always cooking something up at work. The smell permeated the whole Powerhouse. I have had the goose that way cooked with coffee grounds and it is totally delicious. No wild takes at all. This guy was an operator in a powerhouse so the kitchen was just off the the operators control room. It was pretty handy for him to cook . He cooked corn beef only he substituded deer instead of beef. Delicious.

cb223

If I were to do this with turkey breasts, do you think 120 is hot enough? Should it be hotter?
CHAD

Silencer

Randy, that fresh coffee grounds or brewed ones ??  Never heard of that, gonna give it a try this fall.

R Buker

I don't like turkey rare.  I'd cook it to at least 150.

The grounds you use are fresh, never used.

So, has anyone tried this yet?

I think I ate my last goose last week.  Cooked it this way and it was great. 

Come on fall!