• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Stapes Marinade

Started by TookyRiverCalls, October 01, 2007, 01:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TookyRiverCalls

OK, I'm not the best cook around but I've come up with an AWESOME marinade that we use all the time for deer and beef steaks/tips/back straps. My nephew didn't eat deer steak until I gave my brother this marinade and now you can't stop him  Weather I'm out ice fishing, having a cook out or hosting a super bowl party this is how I do up my deer steaks and the non-hunters love it! Even ones that have had deer before say it's the best they ever had!

6 tablespoon Lemon juice
1/2 cup Oil
1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/2 cup Soy sauce
1 teaspoon Ginger
*McCormick Montreal Steak

*Not part of my original marinate but have been using it lately. I sprinkle the Montreal Steak spices in with the marinate or over the steaks on the grill just before they're done. Don't use too much of it! It might come out too salty 

Mix the marinade in a glass bowl. I poke the steaks with a fork and put it in the frig for at least 3 hours (I like to leave it overnight). Once I've got the steaks marinading, I like to flip the steaks over a few times and poke a few more holes and back to the frig.

We think it's BEST if you grill the steaks and don't over cook them! Enjoy :biggrin:  If you try it, please let me know what you think.
www.tookyrivercalls.com
The Last Call Your Turkey Will Ever Hear

Bob D

Thanks for the marinade recipe. I will try it and let you know cause i don't care much for deer meat. I 've eaten alot and cleaned too many. Looking forward to using your recipe to help me eat it again. ;yes;
Bob D