• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

F/S BOREALIS 1050 lumens rechargeable flashlight

Started by watchmaker, September 12, 2007, 01:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watchmaker

I have one of the 12 1/2 inches long 28 oz. BOREALIS RECHARGEABLE flashlight that outputs 1050 lumens (2 million candlepower) this light is considered the most powerful in the world.

The run time is 50 minutes on the rechargeable batteries, the especial Rolls Royce battery carrier plugs into the RC FAST charger and recharge in 90 minutes.

$320.00 including charger and shipped insured.

You can pay with pay pal at:
jcharles11784(at)yahoo(dot)com

or e-mail me at the above address for more information

Here are some beam shot against other powerful police /military lights.

Maglite 3 D

Magcharger

Surefire M-6 (500 lumens~$400~ it uses $36 in batteries per hour)

BOREALIS RECHARGEABLE, 1050 LUMENS (2 million candlepower)

Thanks for looking
Watchmaker
Builder of the Borealis flashlight

watchmaker

Here is some more information about the BOREALIS 1050 lumens flashlight

NEW
BOREALIS 1050 LUMENS RECHARGEABLE FLASHLIGHT

BY

www.BlackBearFlashlights.com

This  is truly a revolutionary flashlight as it outputs 1050 lumens (the output of a truck high beam headlight or a two million candlepower spotlight) and with a run time of 50 minutes and all in the format of a 3 D light (12 ½ inches long 28 oz.)
The light is available as the BOREALIS model three with the Rolls Royce battery carrier in Black, Silver and Blue and cost $260.
With the RC FAST charger and shipping is $320.00 total

THE HOST ADVANTAGE
Even that I cannot mention the name of the host for the BOREALIS everybody knows what this famous 3 D light is.
When introduced in the 80's the host light was state of the art with innovation such as the self cleaning switch and others. The host cost in the 1980's was $60.00 that it now cost around $20 is a miracle of modern production techniques, moreover the parts tolerances have been tightened and the light is anodized inside and out, threads are without play and the quality of this host is just amazing.
Which bring us to the advantage of using it for our BOREALIS light, and is that if the owner ever get bored with the color or need a new body, it will be available anywhere for less than $20 and that just 10 minutes of the owner's time will change the special BOREALIS parts to the new host.

THE SPECIAL BOREALIS PARTS
The ROLLS ROYCE battery carrier is an amazing well constructed and engineered piece or art machinery, made of Delryn battery holders and aluminum positive and negative with steel main post it clamps the nine high current high capacity Nimhs cells without the need for springs that can fail, this carrier have an integral charging port in the negative end and all that is needed is a compatible charger. (I offer our own RC FAST charger if you don't have one).

THE THICK WALLED SOLID ALUMINUM PARABOLIC REFLECTOR

It is another extraordinary piece of high quality machining and finished to perfection, it was designed to provide an excellent to outstanding beam (depending on finish and we offer four different coatings to custom the beam to the job).
SMOOTH, ORANGE PEEL, LIGHT STIPPLED OR MEDIUM STIPPLED
From maximum throw to an outstanding flood light we have the beam to cover your particular situation.

THE PYREX LENS
Thick and heat resistant to temperatures never achieved before, it is crystal clear and fairly unbreakable, the best that can be obtained.

THE SWITCH
Part of the switch is the self cleaning from the original host and the other part is our solution to the heat issues, with a base of solid aluminum, steel pillars that support a base of ceramic for the bi-pin super-bulb.
We have tested this switch to 75 watts without even getting closer to the ends of what it can take, (our Borealis' super bulb is 35 watts)
The time expended in making this a very special switch with polished insides and Pro-Gold protection and enhancement for the best possible electricity transmission, have rewarded us with a switch with minimal internal resistance, thus delivering maximum voltage to the bulb and making it incredible bright, one of the reason why our BOREALIS have such a "crazy white" light without hint of yellow color in the beam.

THE BATTERIES
Are the best high current high capacity Nimhs obtainable, (Currently the Powerex 2700 mah)  they are famous for having less than half the self discharge of other famous Nimhs in the market.
Moreover, we give them two forming charges in the slow 12 hours charger, and match them for capacity in the La Crosse analyzer, thus giving them the ability to attain maximum capacity from the start and the ability to finish the charge exactly all together (white bright light for the entire run time).
The batteries and what we do to them is another important equation in our trademark of the "crazy white light".

The recharging capability of the batteries will last for 1,000 times (according to the factory) that is 833 hours of run time before another pack of $30 is needed.
Just think about it, the next powerful light in the market is the Surefire M-6, using 6 disposables 123's batteries for 20 minutes run time ($36 per hour).
Before the M-6 can run for 833 hours it will have spend $29,988 in batteries ($36 times 833).

THE BULB
It is not a flashlight bulb at all, but one used on medical instruments, it works with a voltage of 12 volts and its life is of 35 hours plus (same as Surefire lamps).
When it needs replacement the bi pin system is simplicity in itself, pull old one and push in the new one.
The BOREALIS include a spare bulb in the tail cap and extras are only $10.00 each.

THE OPTIONAL RC FAST CHARGER ($48)
If you don't have a RC charger for 12 volts, I offer my RC FAST charger, that uses pulse and reverse pulse charging technology (it will not overheat your batteries) and has two charging settings, .9 amp for 3 hours or 1.9 amp for 1 ½ hours charging.

PRO-GOLD ENHANCEMENT
Every contact part of the flashlight is treated with PRO-GOLD solution, after cleaning it with DeOxit from Caig's Laboratories.
This Pro-Gold is a contact enhancer and protector of surfaces that had proven to be without equal for the aid of electricity transmission.
It is playing a good part in our management of the internal resistance of the BOREALIS, together with a lot of attention to detail to make it a more efficient light and the best of what we can possibly do.

Black Bear Flashlights is not affiliated with Mag Instrument, Inc., which owns the famous MAG family of trademarks, including MAG-LITE®, and MINI-MAGLITE®,
trademarks in the distinctive shape, style and overall appearance of its flashlights, and in the circumferential inscriptions around the face caps of all of Mag
Instruments Inc.'s flashlights. Mag Instruments, Inc's trademarks are shown on this website for illustration only.  Black Bear Flashlights are not made, licensed,
endorsed, approved or recommended by Mag Instrument, Inc.

Hawks Feather

It is times like this that I wish I had a night job and a budget for "supplies".

Jerry

FinsnFur

What's a light like that run?

edit...take that back, I see it now, $320
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

watchmaker

BEAR CUB RECHARGEABLE FLASHLIGHT

220 LUMENS 90 MINUTES RUN TIME

9 INCHES LONG
13 OZ.

THE WHITE POWERFUL LIGHT IS IDEAL FOR BLOOD TRACKING
THE LIGHT IS RECHARGEABLE AND INCLUDES A CHARGER, LITHIUM ION BATTERIES

$120 PLUS $10 SHIPPING

E-MAIL ME AT

THANKS FOR LOOKING
WATCHMAKER

Black Bear Flashlights is not affiliated with Mag Instrument, Inc., which owns the famous MAG family of trademarks, including MAG-LITE®, and MINI-MAGLITE®,
trademarks in the distinctive shape, style and overall appearance of its flashlights, and in the circumferential inscriptions around the face caps of all of Mag
Instruments Inc.'s flashlights. Mag Instruments, Inc's trademarks are shown on this website for illustration only. Black Bear Flashlights are not made, licensed,

watchmaker

Hi guys,
I am also selling the BEAR CUB rechargeable.
220 lumens for 90 minutes.
This light is as good as the Surefire M-4 with a difference in output of only 5 lumens, but the BEAR CUB is rechargeable while the M-4 at 225 lumens uses 4 batteries per hour ($8 per hour).

The Bear Cub includes a charger and cost $130 shipped in the USA
for more information e-mail me at
Thanks for looking

Here is an article that shows the beam shots

TWO, BLOOD TRACKING LIGHTS
BEAR CUB 220 LUMENS AND SUREFIRE M-4, 225 LUMENS

Hi guys,
I am the official tracker for our little group of seven bow hunters. Because of the small patch of private woods that we have for hunting, and to preserve the unpolluted area, all tracking is done only after dark when the hunt is over.
Our rules are that no more than two persons will retrieve the deer; this is to keep the woods as free of human odor as possible, not to spoil our chances for the next morning hunt.

I have had a lot of experience with blood tracking lights, since my father first taught me how to do it with the old gas Coleman lantern.
One thing that the old timers had right was the need for intense WHITE light. As time change, there was not need anymore to go back to the truck for the old lantern; the new crop of intense white light pioneered by the tactical lights used for SWAT and Special Forces can do the job of making that blood trail as clear as during the day.

At this point, a word about the blue lights now in use for this task, and is that in many situations they are completely useless, as I learned when I tested one of them by following a wounded bear in the Maine woods in late August. The black drop of blood blended so well with the dark green vegetation of the Maine woods, that it was impossible to track it using that light.
BLUE LIGHT

WHITE LIGHT

I am a flashaholic, a disease that is kept in check only by buying and using lights, as I own more than two hundred of them; I am well aware what is good and for what purpose. That is why I am telling my readers that for blood tracking you need a very intense white light of not less than 200 lumens.
That figure rules out LED lights, not only they don't make the grade in lumens output, they are poor penetrators in fog and are poor distance throwers.
Enter high output incandescent lights with good throw.
Not many of them out there, Surefire for sure was the pioneer with the M-4 and the M-6 lights; the M-6 with the 350 lumens lamp can run for 60 minutes, but it uses six of the expensive 123's batteries, costing  $12 per hour run. The M-4 with the 225 lumens lamp is what I have used for years with satisfaction, except for the cost of $8 per hour, as some tracking jobs sometimes took more than 60 minutes.

THE SUREFIRE M-4 AND THE RECHARGEABLE BEAR CUB

The M-4 is 9 inches long and quite light in weight, it have a stippled reflector that diffuses the light into a flood, which in my opinion is more flood than it is needed, I would like to see this light marketed with a smooth reflector for more useable throw, as sometimes the wounded deer circle back toward the open fields, and to spot one lying dead in the middle of the field more throw is needed.
For more about the Surefire M-4 ($330) contact Surefire at www.surefire.com

BEAMSHOTS FROM 26 YARDS, CAMERA AT 12 FEET FROM DEER

BEAMSHOT OF THE SUREFIRE M-4

The rechargeable Bear Cub is made by Black Bear Flashlights; it uses two state of the art Lithium Ion rechargeable batteries for 90 minutes run time outputting 220 lumens. This light is made
using the "host" of a maglite 2 C, which means than after years of hard use when the light is scratched or dented, you can renew it just by buying a new "host" for about $14.00.
The light is also 9 inches long, it has a smooth reflector that concentrates the beam and shoots it a long way, no problem with this light in spotting a dead deer in the middle of the field. The light is sold with a Li Ion charger that will charge the batteries in 3 ½ hours, so it is no problem to have it ready for the next morning, fully charged. These batteries last for 1,000 recharges so you have 1500 hours of use before needing another set of batteries. Before the M-4 can run for 1500 hours it will have spend $12,000 in batteries!
Extra lightweight Lithium Ion rechargeable batteries cost $30 per pair, so carrying an extra pair in a pocket will give you another 90 minutes of white intense tracking light.
When these lights are not used for tracking they make a formidable tactical light for home defense, with the capability of momentarily blinding an opponent.
The Bear Cub is available from the maker for $130 shipped, for more about this light contact www.BlackBearFlashlights.com

BEAMSHOT OF THE BEAR CUB

Both of these lights will beat handily a 250,000 lumens spotlight; they are very convenient to carry in a pack or fanny-pack or even a large pocket. I use a red light to enter the woods without polluting them with light; I make a habit of always carrying my Bear Cub in my pack, ready for the most important chore of the hunting season, the retrieval of a wounded deer. I think that is our obligation to the game to make our best efforts to retrieve the deer we shoot, the use of the proper tool for tracking blood is imperative to aid in such efforts.

All the best

Watchmaker

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

watchmaker

[SIZE="5"]THE BOREALIS 1050 LUMENS IS ALSO AVAILABLE IN CAMOUFLAGE FOR A SHORT WHILE.

BLACK, SILVER, BLUE OR CAMOUFLAGE.

BOREALIS ROLLS ROYCE WITH RC CHARGER AND SHIPPED
$320.00

ALSO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE.

PLEASE CONTACT ME AT

all the best
Watchmaker
[/SIZE]
[/B]

Instruments Inc.'s flashlights. Mag Instruments, Inc's trademarks are shown on this website for illustration only. Black Bear Flashlights are not made, licensed,

watchmaker

THE BOREALIS CAN BE HAD WITH THIS OPTIONAL CRENELATED BEZEL IN STAINLESS STEEL.

JUST E-MAIL ME FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE LIGHT.

THIS IS THE BEAMSHOT OF A REGULAR 3 D LIGHT AT 35 YARDS

This is the borealis rechargeable beam shot.

THANKS FOR LOOKING
BEST WISHES

stoney15

stoney15

watchmaker

watchmaker

TAKING ORDERS RIGHT NOW FOR BEFORE CHRISTMAS DELIVERY.

I HAVE THE BOREALIS ROLLS ROYCE IN BLACK, SILVER, BLUE, AND RED.
$320 WITH CHARGER, SHIPPED PRIORITY, INSURED

AND THE BEAR CUB IN BLACK OR PEWTER. $130 WITH CHARGER, SHIPPED

PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT:

Thanks for looking
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL
WATCHMAKER

watchmaker

I also have the Black Bear 720 lumens

THE BLACK BEAR 720 LUMENS
RECHARGEABLE FLASHLIGHT

The Black Bear 720 lumens flashlight is 10 inch long and weights 23 oz. It has all the same high quality state of the art components as its bigger sister the Borealis 1050 lumens.

The Black Bear is made on the "host" of the Maglite 2 D., which is one of the advantages of the Black Bear System, as when after hard use, if the light is scratched or dented, a new host can be replaced inexpensively available almost anywhere, and the transfer of parts takes only ten minutes of the owner's time.

The only difference between the Borealis and the Black Bear 720 (beside the shorter length) is in the shorter Rolls Royce battery carrier (for six batteries) and the reduced voltage super-bulbs.
The light has a 40 minutes run time and outputs an incredible 720 lumens, all this with rechargeable Nimh in the Rolls Royce battery carrier. This unit plugs into the charger for a 4 ½ hours charge.

THE BLACK BEAR 720,  ROLLS ROYCE BATTERY CARRIER AND CHARGER

It is almost impossible to talk about the Black Bear 720 without mention its closest competition, the Surefire M-6.
The Surefire M-6 is well known in the tactical circles as the light used by SWAT teams and Special Forces, This light that cost close to $400, is 500 lumens for a run time of 20 minutes, running on six disposable 123 batteries, yes that is right! it uses six batteries, a value of $12 for a 20 minutes run time.

THE BB720 IS NOT MUCH LARGER THAN THE M-6, AND IT HAS A BETTER BATTERY CARRIER

Clearly, the Black Bear 720 lumens is a better value as the batteries are rechargeable, with a life of 1.000 recharges and the run time is of 40 minutes.
When the BB 720 needs new batteries after 666 hours of running, a new set costs only $30.
While the M-6 has only one choice in reflector finish, the light stippled, the BB720 has a choice of four reflector finish, to customize the light to your work. Wildlife officers doing deer census in the field will want the long throw capabilities of the Smooth (mirror finish) reflector, same as firefighters that need to punch a hole in the smoke. Others can use the Orange Peel for a little more flood, and the law enforcement officers will like the capabilities of illuminating an entire warehouse with the extra flood provided by the Light Stippled and Medium Stippled reflectors.

None of the other incandescent flashlights used for military/police work will get near the lumens output of the BB720, the Magcharger is 200 lumens and the most powerful of the Streamlights, the Ultra Stinger, is 295 lumens.
The shorter size of the Black Bear 720 makes it a natural to store in the car, inside the glove compartment, and it is not too heavy to be carried in a trench coat or overcoat pocket and the power in lumens compares to a car's headlights or to a one and a half million candlepower spotlight, really an amazing performance for a light of this size.

Surefire M-6

Black Bear 720

Like its bigger sister the Borealis 1050 lumens, (12 ½ inches 28 oz.),  the BB720 is hand made one by one on a semi-custom basis, using state of the art components and lots of hand labor to reduce internal resistance to make the white light that is the trademark of the Black Bear Flashlights.

Regards
Watchmaker

Information at   admin@blackbearflashlights.com

endorsed, approved or recommended by Mag Instrument, Inc

watchmaker

THE POWERFUL POLAR BEAR
426 LUMENS FOR 75 MINUTES
RECHARGEABLE
LITHIUM ION PROTECTED BATTERIES

Hi guys,
I am also building the POLAR BEAR 426 lumens rechargeable flashlight.
$250 including charger.

The light will run for 75 minutes outputting 426 lumens, extra Lithium Ion lightweight rechargeable batteries are available for extra run time.

The Polar Bear is superior in beam throw and brightness to other lights in the market such as the Surefire M-4, Ultra Stinger and others.

ULTRA STINGER 

POLAR BEAR

The Surefire M-4 needs four 123's disposable batteries to run the light for 20 minutes at 350 lumens, the POLAR BEAR is rechargeable and the charge will be done in 3 1/2 hours, throw and brightness is superior.

Here is a picture of the POLAR BEAR 426 lumens (center) at left is the Bear Cub 220 lumens for 90 minutes and at right is the 295 lumens Ultra Stinger

Even the little Bear Cub will throw farther than the Ultra Stinger and with more brightness.
Bear Cub is 220 lumens for 90 minutes. $130 shipping included

BEAR CUB

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT
admin@blackbearflashlights.com

THANKS FOR LOOKING
Watchmaker

watchmaker

BOREALIS CHOICE OF COLORS

HI GUYS,

I HAVE THE BOREALIS 1050 LUMENS ROLLS ROYCE, IN SEVERAL COLORS.

BLACK, SILVER, RED, BLUE, PURPLE AND CAMO

PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT

I ALSO HAVE A FEW LEFT OF THE STAINLESS STEEL CRENELLATED BEZEL TO MATCH TO THE SILVER BOREALIS

THANKS FOR LOOKING

WATCHMAKER

watchmaker

Hi guys,

I have been busy making a stock of Borealis 1050 lumens Rolls Royce, so I can still ship to my customers even in vacation.

I have built a few of the Royal Borealis the ones with the stainless steel crenellated bezels and the Quick Detach Nickel plated Swivel.

I have two version of the bezel, high, heavy bezel with glow dots, and a lower bezel, less agressive with rounded corners. Your choice.

I have the Royal Borealis in Black and in Silver, If you are interested please e-mail me at:

as I have a good deal for you.

Or the lower profile bezel,

Thank you for looking
Best regards
Watchmaker

watchmaker

NEW COLOR FOR THE BOREALIS FLASHLIGHT

JADE

[/b]

IT JOINS THE OTHER COLORS AVAILABLE FOR THE BOREALIS 1050 LUMENS ROLLS ROYCE FLASHLIGHT

BLACK, SILVER, BLUE, RED, CAMO.

ALSO I HAVE THE ROYAL BOREALIS WITH THE NEW STAINLEES STEEL CRENELLATED BEZELS IN TWO VERSIONS, AND THE QUICK DETACH SWIVEL

PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT

Thanks for looking

watchmaker

BOREALIS 1050 LUMENS
ROLLS ROYCE
ALSO AVAILABLE IN NEW
DIGITAL CAMO
AND IN
WOODLAND CAMO

ALSO SHIP INTERNATIONAL
FOR MORE INFORMATION
PLEASE E MAIL ME AT

also visit my web site

watchmaker

HI GUYS

AS YOU KNOW I DON'T HAVE A FACTORY OR PRODUCTION LINE, AS I MAKE THE LIGHTS WITH MY OWN HANDS, ONE BY ONE.

AS THE HOLIDAYS APPROACH, I NEED YOUR COOPERATION BY ORDERING EARLY, AS EVEN WHEN I WORK 16 HOURS PER DAY MY OUTPUT IS VERY LIMITED.

PLEASE ORDER EARLY.

THE BOREALIS IS AVAILABLE IN BLACK, RED, SILVER, BLUE, JADE, WOODLAND CAMO OR DIGITAL CAMO.

THE BEAR CUB IS AVAILABLE IN BLACK OR PEWTER

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND ORDERING, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT

also visit my website at

THANK YOU

Watchmaker