• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

WTS: Kimber 84M Varmint 22-250 **{TRADED}**

Started by FOsteology, December 29, 2008, 05:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

TRADED

pitw

That is a good looking gun and I really don't want to jack your thread but what is FFL?
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

FFL - Federal Firearms License.  It is needed in the states to be a gun dealer.  While you do not "have to" always use an FFL holder for the transfer it is a good idea.  Every time a dealer sells a firearm they have the buyer fill out a form  and a background check is done on that person.  The firearms make, model, serial number, etc. is recorded in the dealer's FFL registry along with the buyer's name, address, etc.  This way there is a history that can be used to trace back who has owned a firearm.  It is also the reason that it is a good idea to report any firearm that is stolen to the police.  If a firearm is used for the wrong reason, you don't want the paper trail to end up on your doorstep.

Jerry

Darn lot of words to say Federal Firearms License.

Fos,

Dang nice looking rifle.

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

browning204

FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

KySongDog

Quote from: Hawks Feather on December 29, 2008, 09:39:14 PM
While you do not "have to" always use an FFL holder for the transfer it is a good idea. 

Hey Jerry, I thought if one was selling across state lines a person had to ship to a FFL.  There was no choice.  :confused:   However, if selling in state, to an in state resident, you did not have to go through a FFL dealer but, as you said , it is advisable.   

Hawks Feather

You are correct - this came from the NRA's site:
Sales Between Individuals

An individual who does not possess a federal firearms license may not sell a firearm to a resident of another state without first transferring the firearm to a dealer in the purchaser`s state. Firearms received by bequest or intestate succession are exempt from those sections of the law which forbid the transfer, sale, delivery or transportation of firearms into a state other than the transferor's state of residence.

I should have been a little more clear when I said you do not "have to" use the FFL dealer by adding when it is a sale "in state".  If it is a sale "in state" it would not be required - i.e. I sell a firearm to my next door neighbor who lives in the same state that I do.  But, even knowing him VERY well, I would want it to go through a transfer since I don't know what could happen with it in the future.  Now if I am buying a gun from my neighbor I don't want to do the transfer - that way there is really no proof that I have it.   :biggrin:

FinsnFur

If I had 1000 bucks to spare, that puppy would be mine FOsteology :eyebrownod:

Sweeeeeet rifle, and it's my caliber to boot.

I can't see the end of the barrel, but is it the bull barrel?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

It is indeed a nice rifle. Just a little heavier than I personally prefer for a "walking varmint" rig.

FnF the barrel is 26" 1:14 twist in a varmint contour. Don't have a set of calipers to mic the barrel, but I have a Rem 700 LVSF that mic's .657, and the Kimber is a heavier contour. If I were to guess, I'd say it's close to .825

FinsnFur

Hang on a sec and lemme see how much money the kids got in their sock drawers :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Go for it Jim.  It is only money and YOU are worth it.

Jerry

FOsteology

A young man/guide I'm acquainted with online has one just like it, and claims it's "da bomb" on coyotes.  :yoyo:

Nice rifles, but personally I prefer a lighter weight walking varmint rig. Would be awesome for prairie dogs and long range chucks!

KySongDog

Get that baby, Jimbo!   :yoyo:  And then we want to see a spiffy Kyrlon spray can camo job on it.   :biggrin:

FinsnFur

ehhhh, the kids aint got no money either. Came up with $11 dollars and 43 cents, a pack of hardened chewing gum, 2 candy wrappers, and I found one of my old key chain lights :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers