• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I wanna talk to a trapper

Started by browning204, November 28, 2007, 07:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browning204

I wanna talk to a trapper who targets Coyote to ask some questions about a couple of subjects. I think it would help me understand Coyote habits better. It would also help me set-up and call better to.

Anyone willing to give me some info, give me a shout!

Thanks
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

nailbender

Stu or Jerry H are probably your best bet but I'll tell what little I know.  What is it you got on your mind?
     Also Randy Roede, he makes a living doin this stuff.

studabaka

Jerry and Randy have forgotten more about yote trapping then I know, but like nailbender, your more then welcome to pick through the rubble. Brent is another good source.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

OKTrap

Well ... I put out a "bakers dozen" of the KB 5.5 Compound Laminated traps today for a coyote job I was hired on. Hopefully ... I'll have some pictures for yall tomorrow.

Randy Roede

browning204

Good luck OKtrap

Randy I'll PM you.
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

OKTrap

Well, no coyote on this mornings check. But I thought I would share these with yall anyway.

Both taken in the KB 5.5 Compound Laminated. I also had one trap dug up and urinated on.

OKTrap

Opening day here in Oklahoma for Fur Bearer Season ... but I thought I'd share these. I got another dern skunk also, but didn't get pictures of it. The Opossum was taken in a Lil Griz Getrz ... the Skunk and Bobcat in the KB 5.5 Compound Laminated. Talk about a thrill for the kids. The Bobcat weighed 23 pounds.

Sorry ... no coyotes ... and it's bugging me that there were none. They have been watching me work out on property, so I know they are around.

FinsnFur

Nice shots, wow :yoyo:
Nice looking cat there, I can imagine the thrill that was getting that pole on him  :eyebrownod: Ya better get him skinned out, looks like he's getting perdy stiff  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

OKTrap

I'm gonna get it mounted. It's my first ever Bobcat ... because I never target them. Now that all may change.

nailbender

Nice pics Reg!  Boy I 'd love to get one of those cats.

trappinjohn

Ask away 204.  I'm no pro, but I catch my share of PA coyotes.  Maybe I can help too.

cb223

CHAD

OKTrap

Today was my Wifes first day on the line ... where we found this double awaiting us. A male and female yote. The female is the one Jennifer is holding, and red tone in color. The male is the gray ... and a bit smaller. Oh, and both were very healthy. The gray looks to be mangy, but is not. He is soaking wet.

These two ladies stopped by thnking I had domestic dogs laying on the driveway. When they got out of their car ... they were "Animal Right's Activists" ... 45 minutes later with some free education ... they got back into their car with a new understanding & I got a new contract out of it. You gotta just love educating people about the "Hollywood" misconception of fur harvesting. I even did the hand in the trap demo for them.

cb223

I know just about nothing on trapping. Explain "Hand in the trap demo"
CHAD

OKTrap

It's just when we purposely stick our hand into a trap, set it off, allow it to close on our hand ... to prove traps DO NOT BREAK BONES like Hollywood and Anti's would like people to think.

BasinBoy

keekee

browning204,

Just seen this browning, been out of town. But your welcome to give me a call. I will be happy to help if I can.

Nice looking critters OkTrap!

Brent

OKTrap

Hawks Feather

Basin Boy will be back in a few days when he is released from the BEAR trap that he stuck his arm in.     :innocentwhistle:

Jerry