• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I wanna talk to a trapper

Started by browning204, November 28, 2007, 07:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OKTrap

Here he is, a young Tom. Second ever for me, and second of the 2007-08 season.

CCP

You may have already read this but HERE is a very good article on trapping and it was written by our very on STU :congrats:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

OKTrap

Both are female. 12-06-07

I apologize for the poor quality in the photos.

studabaka

Man Reggie..... you are having some great success  :congrats: :congrats:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

OKTrap

A little bit I guess ... but only 1 coon so far. They just aren't movin' yet.

FinsnFur

Coon are holing up here to, but we've been hovering the zero degree mark. I'd say skip the coon...bag some more of those cats  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

OKTrap

Well ... good luck & bad luck today. 12-07-07. I apologize for picture quality.

The Good Luck - Coyote in a coyote set.

The Bad Luck - Bobcat Tom in a coyote set. LMAO. 26 pounds.

I hope yall enjoy these. Thank you ...

trappinjohn

:confused:

Hey browning204, What was it you were wanting to know?

OKTrap

204 ... what information were you looking for?

Following is what the  day (12-08-07) held for myself, and my good friend Greg. Both are Male Yotes. This is Gregs' first year to trap ... therefore he is learning. And in learning ... he is a very good student. I will detail the pictures as they are posted. We got 2 more coyote today.

This is me & the 1st of the day.

This is Greg and the 1st yote of the day. Part of any handling of wildlife, is knowing proper handling techniques to keep from causing undue harm to the animal, or yourself.

This is the set where the 1st yote was taken. These next three pictures are of the set remake that Greg made for the first time. I think he did a pretty good job.

After coyote was removed. Severe Trap Circle.

Set remake

Remake blended to surroundings.

The first Coyote has first stage signs of Sarcoptic Mange on the tips of its ears. This is the only yote of 6 I have taken so far with signs of mange.

Me & the 2nd Yote of the day.

Greg & the 2nd Yote

Yotes are dangerous and fast, make no mistake about it or you will get injured for sure. The next two pictures were taken at a speed shutter setting, about 1 second apart. Notice the position between the first and second pictures. It only took Greg a single step toward the yote for him to turn around that fast.

I hope yall enjoyed ... I know Greg and I did.

BasinBoy

I thought about sticking my hand in the trap. Then i decided it was probaly a bad idea.lol

cb223

OKTrap I hope you keep the pics coming, I really enjoy them!
CHAD

OKTrap

Here ya go ... these were from this morning 12-09-07. 3 female Coyote and 1 male Raccoon.

Me and my trappin' buddy:

My trapping pard Greg w/ his trappin' buddy:

Sorry ... no set pictures this time. I forgot to bring the camera on the line with me.

nailbender

OKTrap

We have been without power for the last week due to the recent ice storm. However, we are back up now. Here are some more from during the ice storm.

5th Bobcat Queen

3rd Raccoon

11th Coyote

12th Coyote

FinsnFur

I could reply to this post and type until my fingers bleed, expressing how much I enjoy those photos. Seriously...live trapping pictures just have a way with me, and I cant get enough of em  :eyebrow:

But with all due respect, I think the author of this thread and his question at hand are getting ignored here and buried behind a montage of "this is what I got today" pictures.

And please dont stop posting the pics, but I think they need to be put into a different thread. Unless they are being used to answer the guys question.

I'm not trying to be a hard ass...just starting to feel bad for the guy  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

trappinjohn

Quote from: trappinjohn on December 07, 2007, 05:16:50 PM
:confused:

Hey browning204, What was it you were wanting to know?

Yep, that's what I was thinking a while back.

OKTrap

I understand completely, and I myself have asked .204 what information he was looking for. The pictures were posted to kinda' show I might know something that could help 204.

I didn't mean to jack the thread, and as it was not my intent, I apologize for it.

But I'm still waiting to find out what information 204 was wanting.

QuoteAnd please dont stop posting the pics, but I think they need to be put into a different thread. Unless they are being used to answer the guys question.

Jim, could you move the pictures to nother post?

Thank you:

FinsnFur

Yeah I could move the posts but it would kill the thread completely, since I can't grab individual posts. I have to pick a point and take everything after it.

There's tidbits of info between the pic threads that I'd want to leave in here.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers