• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Report in!

Started by keekee, December 11, 2007, 12:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Well It was a fair season till the rain set in! Everything is flooded out right now! Cant keep a canine set in the ground for the rain.

Good news is Beaver and Otter season opens the day after Christmas. I pumped and ready! Built 100 snares tonight! Welded up 50 new 1/2" stakes and added support wires last week. Also 10 adjustable cable slides!

Bad new I set my goal of 200 coons and I'm not going to make it unless its a real warm winter!

Right now I'm at.......

79 Coons
18 Mink
42 Rats
7 Grinners
9 Grey Foxes
9 Coyotes
2 Reds
1 Weasel

What about the rest of you guys laying steel?

Brent

centerfire_223

Man that is a lot of skinning. Good job!!!  :yoyo:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

And a lot of blankets  :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Quote from: centerfire_223 on December 11, 2007, 05:10:47 AM
Man that is a lot of skinning. Good job!!!  :yoyo:

+1  and glad its you and not me!   I don't work that hard no more!  :biggrin:   :congrats:

DirtyDog

I got three traps in the mail.  :laf:

studabaka

Season is off to a slow start here. I only have a few sets out and pulled most cause I kept running into deer hunters. My aspirations for coyote and cats keeps being foiled by fox, for which there is no open season here  :madd: I haven't set for coon yet. Heading over to the coast next week to take a friend up on an invite to hunt bear, so will be pulling the few sets I have in the next couple days. Even if I don't get a bear, he has a hide on ice waiting for me. Never tried tanning a bear  :shck:

Here's a few picks. Always fun to walk the line in the morning no matter how small it is  :biggrin:

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

DirtyDog

Nice Stu........Man I can't wait to get a few sets out.

keekee

Dang Stu! You got my Otter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice! :biggrin:

Nice looking Gray as well! I love those Grays the are awesome little critters.

Good luck on the bear hunt! When you get back, I got some fur and stuff to send ya! Jimbo to!

Skinning isnt bad, I knid of enjoy it. Coons are fast its the Coyotes that take a bit. And I hate to skin rats!

Brent

Edit>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hey Brad! How about some cat pic's! :biggrin:

Todd Rahm

Stu those are awesome pictures, and thats one nice otter ya got there.  :congrats: Thanks for sharing those pics.

awh

Me and Cam have....

4 cats (Cam has zero :biggrin:)
9 coyotes
49 coons
4 skunks
15 grinners
3 reds
1 grey
And my left thumb followed by two fingers on the right hand after I got the thumb out. :argh: Nothing set this week as we are taking a week off.

Pics later. Got to go Christmas shopping right now.

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

FinsnFur

Holy crap...that is a nice Otter!  :yoyo:
And they Grey....I dont think I've ever seen a Grey so Gray...  :huh: Did that make sense? I meant I dont think I   :madd:  Ohhhhh knock it off, you know what I meant.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

They all look good to me!  Way to go.

Jerry

frshwtr

not trapping as hard as i usually do because of health problems and right now the creeks are to murky to make rat sets but hopefully that will change. got the following
6 reds (2 with mange bad)
26 coon
3 grinners
1 mink
57 rats.

awh

Here's a few more pics.

And this stupid grinner.

The two yotes above after some work.

Both were females. The standard color one was a big female but the blonde was freaking huge. Can't wait to get back to that farm in a few more weeks :eyebrow:

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

studabaka

:roflmao: :roflmao: A Grinner by his Grinner  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Nice pics. Looks like your doing well.  :congrats: :congrats:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

DirtyDog

keekee

Heck of a way to start Danny! Congrads!

I just wish I could get some good weather! Its sucked here!

Brent

FinsnFur

Wow, those are nice pics  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
I love the look on the coyotes face, but I cant help but to wonder why you didnt get a close up of the cute lil striped kitty  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

awh

Thanks guys. Could not have done it w/ out all the help you gave in answering all the questions we had. Hats off to all of you for the help and support. :highclap: :highclap: Ya top notch in my book.

As for a close up of the black putty tat....My truck still smells. But he had over two ounces of the good stuff we were able to get out and bottle. The pint bottle of wild turkey is filling up and from what I heard, brings better money than the fur. :biggrin: Si I don't mind seeing a skunk from time to time. But Cam gets to skin and draw the liquid out of the next one. :puke:

FinsnFur

:laf: and I'm sure he'll love that
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers