Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

OKTrap

She certainly was ... she weighed in at 19 pounds ... which makes here a big queen in this area. And I think she knew it.

muss

OKTrap

Thank you. This is the 23rd Coyote (female) taken this morning 02/04/08 ... from the same 80 acres as all of the other pictures I have posted on here so far.

OKTrap

My apologies for the poor quality pictures. I was worried about my Walker hound jumping out of the truck window when I was trying to take the pictures. However, 24th Coyote and 9th Bobcat.

vvarmitr

Okay Reggie, explain to me how in the world you can get 23 coyotes off an 80 acre plot?  Is there a coyote condo next door?  :eyebrownod:

Randy Roede

Reggie ,24 coyotes and 9 cats on 80 acres is incredible!!!  Don't have a place like that anywhere around here. Way to go! One of the amazing things is such a concentated number of coyotes and very little mange. 9 bobcats with such overlapping territories is unheard of here.

OKTrap

We pulled traps today, because I have to have back surgery on Tuesday (Feb.12, 2008). We removed the 26th coyote along with the trap line from this 80 acre contract. She had a long long coat, except where she had mange.

KySongDog

24 coyotes and 9 bobcats from 80 acres........ WOW!   :huh:

Please PM the GPS coordinates immediately!   :biggrin:

trappinjohn

WOW, Whatever you do, don't let that 80 acres get away from you!

Great job.

wv_yoter

Sounds like you have a nice honey hole.  Congrats on the fur :congrats:
Jason

OKTrap

Thank yall. I belioeve it's a crossing point for wildlife. I took 17 yote from the same 80 last year, and 26 total this year. Along with 9 bobcat, and numerous opossum, skunk, raccoon, beaver, muskrat, ducks, and a deer. I think I'll keep it.

studabaka

That is nothing short of impressive by any measure Reggie. Congratulations  :congrats: :congrats:

I sure do hope your surgery goes well and fixes ya up so you can be back at it again. I really enjoy you sharing your season with us the way you have and look forward to many many more..... God willing.

Please know you are in our prayers for a speedie and complete recovery and please let us know, as you can, how things go.

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

OKTrap

Thank yall for the support. As far as this property goes, I believe it to be a crossing point for all the wildlife, which would be why it produced so much. I removed 17 coyote last year from the same 80 acres. Along with the 26 coyote from it this year, were 9 bobcat, several raccoon, opossum, beaver, skunk, ducks, a couple muskrat and a deer. I think I will be trapping it again next season if my recovery goes well.

Thank you all ... it has been a pleasure sharing this year with each of you. I will sneak on from time to time as long as my wife doesn't catch me sitting up-right ... since the doctor said I couldn't for more than 20 minutes a day after the surgery.

Thanks again yall:

vvarmitr

Back surgery!  :sad3:
Man that stinks. Sure hope it works out real good for ya. I'll be praying. :wink:

Geeze I was hoping you could give me something more than "I believe it to be a crossing point."   :iroll:
I figured you'd lay something deep & biologically sound on me.  ;yes;

Nelson

Good luck on the back surgery.  Keep up with the rehab for life.
I think that's probably the most important part of the whole
process.
I have really enjoyed your posts.

Good luck,
Nelson

OKTrap

Here goes:

Due to the fact that this particular 80 acres is surrounded on three sides (North, South and East) by approximately 2000 acres of pea patches and corn fields ... and it's bordered on the entire West side by a high traffic road to reduce a Westward escape ... with a creek running the entire length from South to North through the property with a few twist and turns which is also lined with large rocks and boulders ... the relevancy of the location in contrast to the over population of beaver and muskrat as a natural food source on this property will continue to entice other nuisance and predatory animals to build housing, lodges and dens to raise their offspring with the comforts of an abundant food source and natural protection from other wildlife populations. I have determined through extensive and scientifically based studies, utilizing an unbiased panel of youthful experts (of 7, 9, & 10 years old) ... that there could not be a better habitat in this area other than the aforementioned 80 acres.

After careful consideration, countless man hours, endless research with consideration to controlled polls of the general public in order to assure that my conclusions coincide with those that are socially accepted, and with the input of all concerned parties being professionally scrutinized by another independent expert panel of One ... we have determined the final conclusion to the productive nature of this 80 acres as being ... A CROSSING POINT.

We would like to thank all parties for their interest and input in this troubling situation.

Thank you:

:roflmao:

iahntr

Why didn't ya just simply say it was a point of crossin for em or somethin.   :shrug:     Sheesh. 

:innocentwhistle:   :eyebrow:     :biggrin:     :laf:
Thanks again for sharin em all with us.    Scott
Scott

OKTrap

:confused: ... I did a few post earlier. But it wasn't good enough then either. Geesh yall are a hard crowd to please.  :wo:

:innocentwhistle:

iahntr

I know, it was a joke back at ya.  :eyebrownod:
Man sometimes it's hard to do, or understand emotions through typed out words isn't it.  :laf:
There's been times when I've typed somethin out jokin around, and read it the next day or somethin and think, boy that sounds dumb.  :confused: :laf:
Scott