• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Beaver and Otter season. Update 1/12/08 & pic's!

Started by keekee, December 29, 2007, 07:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I wonder what the Taliban is doing with otter hides  :confused:

Second thought maybe I dont wanna know  :holdon:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

canine

That's to cool Stu! Congrats.   ? are Otter mean and aggressive or are they doscile...?

Brent, I was filmin and callin, Jim was totin the AR. They swung way out downwind, the batteries in the JNB were dead, I think that possibly could of made a difference If I'd of been using it.

Suppose to be in the 50's and rain here for a few, I'm done trappin till it freezes back up.

JD

studabaka

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

keekee

Not had much time to up date. We been running traps every day and then work, then go skin. So time has been very slim. The Beaver have went very well every day, and so have the coons and Mink. But no Otter yet! Close on a 330 the other night, and had one knock down a beaver snare today in a spot we didnt even see any Otter sign.

40 - 50 MPH winds and rain tonight, then a good day then Rain, Rain and snow! So, who knows about the rest of the week. We are hanging in there every day, running hard and putting more sets out. Looking to change some of the Beaver areas for the weekend we been pounding them pretty good every night.

Lots of work, but damn its fun!

I did take some pic's and will try and post some soon!

Brent

keekee

Well, got a few pic's that's I remembered to grab. Time has just been hard to come by running that many traps a day and working. But here is a couple with a up date.

Still no Otter. We did real well on the coons and Mink along with the Beaver. We pounded the coons and Mink! I hit my goal of 200 Coons at the first of the week! :biggrin: I'm happy! We got two Blond coons, both in the same area, one of them is in the pic's.

Then the rain set in again! We got 2" of rain the other night, put all of our sets out of order and some of them under 8 plus feet of water! We got some out but still have over half of our sets way under water.

We looked over some new areas to set today but are holding off till the weather lays down they are calling for snow and cold all week plus this weekend a big storm with some major snow. So we are done till all this is over, other than a few sets here by the house and a few Beaver sets I'm running here local.

We got 20 days till season closes on coons and fox so I hope we get a good week of running before we pull to head to the LBL.

Here is a couple pic's, not much but I just forgot and being really pushed for time just didn't take any.

And here is what happens when a big ol coon dog gets to your Beaver before you get there.......This pisses me off!

Brent