• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Who's up for a virtual fishing contest??

Started by FinsnFur, May 16, 2007, 08:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awh

Over all inches works for me. But come on Jimbo. You can be in this too. I don't want to be the only one here that an 8 year old beats in a tournament... :shrug:
I'll send a gift certificate to bass pro for the FNF staff memeber that has the highest score. That way they can play too. What do ya think? (Let's see, Brent is busy turning calls and Rich is....(What does Rich do? :confused:) So I'll send you a GC....LOL)
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

awh

And here's Cam warming up for the tourney....LOL

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

FinsnFur

That's not necessary Danny. I get my kicks just providing the entertainment  :biggrin:
But I do appreciate the gesture.

I'll draw up another post initiating this thing and we'll get er under way.

Thanks everyone for the input :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

Now>>>>>>>>>>> You all go fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need Pictures, I say..........Pictures! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Good Luck Guys!

Brent

awh

OK. I ran into a snag here. My camera has the date & time feature....but I'm yet to figure out how to get it stamped on the pic when downloading them. If I can't figure it out will there be another way I can prove the date w/o buying another camera. Would the problem be in the program I use?  I need a beer. :madd:

Fixed. I had to set the program up to tell it to stamp it when downloading to the computer.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

awh

Nah...Here I am the EHS Manager, Saftey training Manager, and Computer administrator. Along with any other hat they tell me to wear. I used to love working on computers, but when you baby sit 50 morons that don't know anything and seem to screw something up daily.....ya learn how to fix stuff real fast. Cause production depends on us...... :puke:
Now I need a 12 pk. And it's just lunch time. By the end of the day we are looking at a case. :wink:

Jimmie in Ky

What happens if I have one of those 90 fish days and my tape measure ain't long enough ? AN dhow would you get the perspective right on a photo that would include all of them laid end to end down the length of the tape measure ? If they all average eight inches that would take two 35 foot tapes. Either that or a pot load of pics  :biggrin:

Oh! And word has it the cats are on the beds too.  :yahoo:  Jimmie

awh

Hmmm, if you have one of those days with the cats, you would have to send several inches of fillets to the FNF members to see how they fare on the grill. After inspecting and picking of the teeth, you can measure the remains and send in the pics.  :innocentwhistle:

(Did he buy it Jim? Think we'll get any fillets? :fingerx::biggrin:

FinsnFur

:roflmao: I dont know....lets hope Danny.

Jimmie I'm not really expecting anyone to line their fish up end for end and measure it. I certainly think it will work that way, but I dont think it's going to be worth the trouble.

I was thinking more like this;

Eitherway...there is no way to be exact especially since were doing this over the web.
I'll look at the pics and judge the footage based on the photos and post the results running as the tourney runs. Kinda like a chart at the weigh in station.

If anyone contests the totals I have posted, I confiscate all fish  :shrug:

:laf: No...if there's issues we discuss them and come to a happy medium.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Jimmie in Ky

If I do it , I would have posted them that way laid out on a large board. Tape at the bottom.

If yah'll want any fillets you will have to take them after my flavor inspection.  :sneer:

I do need to make a trip to the dam or the rock pile one for some meat. Blue gills at the dam and cats at the rock pile. Lose to much gear chasing the cats at the dam. Jimmie

weedwalker

What about CARP ??? :confused: And do they count if there is an arrow hole thru them.   :eyebrow: I'll save the fillets for ya. :eyebrownod:

FinsnFur

:roflmao: Goooood question.

I think we should stick with hook and line for this one. But I DO know we have a few Bow fisherman here...that's sounds like another good opportunity for next time.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

sorry to get in on this late.  but why not keep it simple 1 pt a fish.  then it doesn't matter what type or size it is.  anyway I will be in on it.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

I just figured with all the feedback that adding more of a challenge to it by points ranked by size gave more to strive for.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers