• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Huntncarve lures?

Started by Dave, June 10, 2011, 09:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Huntncarve  made a few saltwater poppers and sliders last summer for me and a friend (thank you again, Dave).  The last few times out we were able to put them to the test. 

Here's a pic from our first trip.  You can see I'm holding the plug that Dave made, and these blues were crushing em.  The blues were up to 11 pounds, but mostly 8 to 9. 

We were out for stripers, but the blues ran the baitfish out of the area.  I did manage one 12 lb bass, but no pics of it.
This plug had two fish hooked up on it at the same time, and eventually staightened a hook

Then on the drive home a bearing on my buddy's trailer went.  We were able to limp into a nearby state police barracks and saw the spindle was all chewed up.  They let us keep it there for a few days.  Got a new axle and replaced it yesterday.  Well, we were only a short drive back to the ramp and the trailer had to be field tested.  :innocentwhistle:
This time we brought some snorkeling gear and the spearguns as the water had been extremely clear.  I can get all the way down to 7 feet before my ears start bothering me, but that was enough.  I shot one 18" flounder (looked like it was 2 feet long).  The size limit is 18, so I got lucky on that one.  Saw about 4 or 5 others, but they didn't look as big, so no more shots taken (at flounder, anyway - I did take a crack at an eel that must've been 30 inches).  We then hit the inlet and drifted for flounder.  We caught over 50, but none were 18" or better.  Caught a bunch of Sea Robins, too.  They're a weird looking fish. 
Then started getting into 2 to 3 pound blues and loaded up the cooler for a friend to use mostly as bait for Sand Tigers that willl be moving into the Delaware Bay next month.
Here is some video I took of the how fast the action was.  Every cast was like these casts.  I'm hoping it uploads as a video.

HaMeR

Purdy cool Dave!! Thanks for sharing your adventure!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HuntnCarve

Well, now I can honestly say that I've made gear thats harvested both fins and fur! LOL!  Pretty cool Dave, thanks for the neat write up and video.

HuntnCarve
Dave

CCP

That was pretty cool and enjoyed watching that.  :yoyo: I may have to call Dad and see if he wants to fish this weekend..
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Quote from: HuntnCarve on June 10, 2011, 06:46:55 PM
Well, now I can honestly say that I've made gear thats harvested both fins and fur! LOL!

WHYYY?? did I not see that one coming? :alscalls:
I love it!

By the way, two fish hooked at the same time? Holy mackerel they wanted that thing. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com