• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Whistle pig

Started by awh, May 31, 2007, 07:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awh

Was getting ready to leave as my brother had just walked in the house when Cam, came in and said there was a ground hog out. I told bro to hang loose a second and grabbed the .204

75 yards off handed in the ear. I love this gun.  ;yes;

And the turd had to have his pic with it....

The two pups went off on it. Bitting and shaking there heads like crazy. There may be hope for the muts yet. :biggrin:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Hawks Feather

In one ear and not out the other?  I thought the 204 would have taken off the back side of his head.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

awh

Jerry,
I'm shooting 34 grain hollow points. There were several holes, exit holes that is, about the size of dimes all over the poor gals noggin.When I squeezed the trigger.....she didn't even have time to tell the young-lings good bye.
I got some 40 grain ballistic tips I want to get loaded and try, and some 45 grain solid points for this coming fox hunting expeditions. The last fox I shoot with the hollow points wasn't pretty. :puke:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

cb223

Nice shot!! I love ground hog shootin. It one of my favorite things to do this time of year.
CHAD

Hawks Feather

That sounds a little more like what I was expecting.  I have some of the 35 grain ballistics that I put in my hornet a few years back.  Much less powder  so on the groundhogs I shot there wasn't an exit hole.  They were pretty much jello though.  Since I don't have a 204 I think that it is only fair that you no longer talk about them UNLESS it is bad news.  I keep thinking that if I sold a couple of guns I could get one.

Jerry

awh

I'm telling ya Jerry...I LOVE that gun. The AR I am thinking about getting will more than likely be in a .204 also. Then this one will be handed down to Lil-man to tote for a while....If hr lets me beat him in the fishing tourney...LOL

KySongDog

Dayum! One in the ear.  Looks like a Mob hit.   :biggrin:  

keekee

Cool! Congrads on the Hog!

Brent

Roundman

Great pics :congrats:
I gotta shoot one of these .204's everyone is talking about.

Mike

awh

Roundman,
The .204 is...let me explain it like this.....Cam is almost 9 and hunts, deer/groundhog hunts, with a .243. He does fine, but before season when he lines her up, 3-4 shots is all he will shoot as it gets him to hurting on that ol bone in the shoulder.LOL But he can sit and shoot the .204 all day as long as your the one buying the ammo. It has so little recoil, it is flat shooting and knock on wood....everything I or him has squeezed the trigger on so far has folded up right there. Where ever you hold is where ya hit. I love it. So much my brother has took my 22-250 and I don't miss it at all. But he ain't a keeping it. :readthis: Unless he wants to let go of that 7mm-08 Cam has been eyeing.... :innocentwhistle:
I haven't put it through the ringer like the ol trusty 22-250 has been put through. But so far for the distance we shoot and the critters we shoot at this is my go to gun. And what I like is I have $400 in the thing. It feels like your holding a .22 when you put it on your shoulder. And come August, she'll have a nice thumb hole stock which should make it feel even better.

HaMeR

:shck:  A nice thumb hole stock on a 204!! :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11