• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ohio Youth Hunt 2011

Started by Bills Custom Calls, November 20, 2011, 02:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

Here is the only pic from Saturday

Not much to report except we seen alot of deer but they are all still alive
1rst drive there were 8 deer that I seen come through and not one put down there was one doe hit and we looked for about 2 hours till the few drops of blood we were finding lead to the standing corn and that is where we lost it and that is where we done the 2nd drive and didn't bring any deer out and didn't find the doe there either
Several drives later had a red fox come in to where I was standing with 2 young guns as quick as we seen it the fox was gone
When we were done on this farm some of the group had to leave so I asked my niece's kids what they wanted to do are we done for the day or.... and they all said lets go to Uncle Bill's with no objections we  loaded up and came to my place
Andrew who is the oldest said i have dibs on sitting with Uncle Bill he said hey you called in  a deer for Skyler and he missed so you have to call in one for me and I will show him how to shoot a deer as his dad and I just nodded and said ok
All set up everyone in their spots so I thought My sister with Skyler Bud with noble Tyler with brit and Andrew with me
Andrew sitting on a 5 gallon bucket and I am kinda laying down on the job with my trusty set of antlers a deer call and get started
Start out wit what i call tickle the ivory Lightly rubbing the antlers together scrape the ground rustle the leaves couple short and low grunts wait a couple minutes  and repeat I look at Andrew and he is laughing didn't think to much about it till later when he told me he was laughing at me.
20 minutes after I started calling Andrew says there  is a big buck standing out there SHOOT IT can you see it I will look at it when it is dead shoot it  :nono: Andrew shoot that deer This buck knew something wasn't right he turns broad side to us and and started walking right in front of us about 30 yards out Now I am pumped  Andrew Shoot this deer NOW He is froze and I holler at him GET HIM and he finally shoots and misses He tells me the deer went down the hill I walk over to the top of the hill and look and there are no slips in the leaves.This deer went towards Skylar wasn't long we heard him shoot so we walked over there yeah i shot at him on the other side of the pond and that was a big deer.I walked over looked could see where he kicked up the leaves as he turned and went up the hill I guess we saved that one for another time too.
Before we left the farm we hunted that morning all the kids had to shoot at this 2 gallon jug they found so we know they can hit a target they just lock up when they see deer
Well I am leaving here I a bit so we can go do it all over again
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Hawks Feather

Bill,

Looks like a good time and thanks for taking the kids out.  I don't know how Saturday's hunt went around here - it was raining by 10:00 a.m.

Jerry

Dave

Wow, it sounds like they all had a great time, and Andrew even got to taste a little crow!  I'm sure Skyler will have fun with that. 
I think I may come out there, you call one in for me, and then I'll show the boys how to shoot it!   :laf:
Good job on getting the kids out.    :highclap:

CCP

Sounds like the guys are having fun..

QuoteHere is the only pic from Saturday

QuoteWell I am leaving here I a bit so we can go do it all over again

We need more pic's this time around Bill!!!!  :eyebrow:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bills Custom Calls

Not much different today then yesterday we chased deer and the kids let them keep running
Nope no pics today I thought if i left the camera in the truck that there just might be some pics to take
Dave come on out I will do my best to try and call in a deer for you
The rain held off here till about 3 this afternoon
I feel a little worn out and will probably sleep like a new born baby tonight but it seems all well worth it
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Choot em Andrew! Choot em! :laf:
They might not of got any blood on their hands but I'm sure they had fun. :congrats: :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

shaddragger

:hahaha: Sounds like a blast...blast...blast blast...blast!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen