• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

"Grocery Shopping".....

Started by FOsteology, November 12, 2009, 06:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

Celebrated Veterans Day by doing a bit of "grocery shopping" with my boy....

Please excuse the ear yanking... but he was having trouble keeping her up for a picture!

And yup, .250 Savage with off the shelf Winchester 100gr. Super-X Silvertips whistled right through!
Broadside at approx. 30 yards, he nailed her in the "bicep" and the bullet passed through, entered the chest taking out the heart and lungs and exiting behind the shoulder on the off side. She staggered around for a bit before toppling over. Went all of about 15 yards.

Morning started out foggy, but quickly burned off. Saw this 'ol boy.... but he wasn't sticking around long enough...

FinsnFur

Grocery shopping :roflmao: :roflmao: mannnnnn I love it. :yoyo:

Boy you guys grow some hellacious racks down there :congrats:
Nice job Aaron :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

coyote101

Very very nice!  :congrats: :congrats: Aaron is a pretty lucky young man. You guys live in a hunter's paradise.  :biggrin:  :biggrin: Do you have nilgai in your part of the state?

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Aaron good shot placement replaces everything in my books and that was good placement :yoyo:.  The ear pulling I understand as well at that age as the need to do unto something else is strong :wink:.  Good job.
Barry
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Wow!  That is superb shot placement.  Love the photo.  It's real.  Way to go Aaron!

FOsteology

Quote from: coyote101 on November 13, 2009, 05:55:50 AMDo you have nilgai in your part of the state?

Yes, we have Nilgai not far away from us. They can be an extreme challenge to hunt as they're very wary and spooky. Guess that's the reason they're given the nickname "Grey Ghost".

Aaron told me this morning when I was taking him to school that he was going to enter his elk in the "biggest doe contest" here on FnF. I told him he couldn't as the contest was for the biggest WT doe....

So he says, "Well, technically, it doesn't say anything about white tail anywhere..."

So I said, "Well...... if you want to get technical, your elk is not a doe! Female elk are known as "cow's"!  The look he gave me was priceless!!!  :laf:

Hawks Feather

Aaron,

Congratulations on the harvest and you did a great job with you shot. 

Fos,

"The look he gave me was priceless!"   I bet it was.

Jerry

GunDog

QuoteYou guys live in a hunter's paradise.
That must be one heck of a grocery store, wished we had them here like that. Man you can get WT Deer, Elk, and Trail Cameras all in the same place! Where is this paradise, Texas? I've seen two bucks now and their both bigger than any I've taken here, and elk to boot..... :whew:

WOW! Congrats again Aaron and what a fine shot you put on your cow!  :congrats: :highclap: :congrats:

FOsteology

Yup, for grocery shopping, Texas can't be beat.  :laf:

Much of the land in South Texas and the Hill Country is high fenced. Behind the fence you can find just about any species imaginable from all corners of the globe. I like hunting in the Hill Country as inevitably these exotic/non-indigenous species escape from the high fence properties. As long as you have a valid hunting license and permission to hunt the land, these "escapes" are fair game!

Last month when Aaron I were hunting outside Bandera Texas, we saw numerous red deer on the property. The owner said that three years ago when we had some unprecedented rain, the red deer showed up on his property and have called it home ever since (no hunting pressure). Undoubtedly the rain must have washed away or weakened a section of fence on a neighboring high fence property allowing them to escape.

He said it was neat and a novelty at first to look out his window and see those red deer..... but over the past three years their numbers have grown and they eat up all his food plots and wife's garden..... the bulls are destructive as they like to beat everything to death with their antlers.

He wants them gone.... so Aaron and I dumped out some corn to bring them in, and I shot a yearling for the freezer. Dang, those deer sure eat good!

FinsnFur

Look, he's even got the grocery bag!  :laf: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FOsteology

JohnP

Nice "cow" elk you have there Aaron.  Is this your first elk or have you taken others?  If'n I could have only one choice of meat it would be elk. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

SCcoyotehunter

Aaron is a good hunter, I have noticed several of his pic on the site. Way to go AAron