• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My Youngun Scores

Started by JDMiller, November 20, 2009, 10:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMiller

Gota brag a little.......

Took my daughter out to our farm this evening and we spent the afternoon in our "lemonade stand". She has never been one for tree stands but she has all kind of enthusiasm for hunting out of a blind. She was the only one toting a fiream and I was toting the camera.

We got out there around 1 pm and setted in. Absolutely beautiful evening and about 3pm a large tom eased out into the field. We were watching him go in & out of the field...when we saw what had got him excited. This buck slipped out of the woods ....crossing the food plot. I saw the look on her face and knew he was in trouble.

She eased her 243 up on the rail and as the deer was trotting fairly fast across the field I told her I would try to stop him. I baahed a couple times and just like a perfect plan he stopped just at the right place. She dropped him in his tracks. I grabbed my rangefinder before we left.....152 yards. She was excited to say the least... and I could'nt have been prouder.

Giving her top billing...... the last pic is the one I dropped the hammer on ... last Saturday morning. Our hunting cabin is in the background.

Pops turn...

iahntr

Very nice !!  :congrats:   :congrats:
Congratulations to you both !
Nice cabin too !
Scott

FOsteology

Congrats to you both. Beautiful daughter, and couple dandy bucks. Thanks for sharing!

FinsnFur

Real Nice JD. Some good sized deer.
I felt as proud of her as you when I read that.
:yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Congrats to you and your daughter JD. Nice deer.  :yoyo: :congrats: :congrats:

Bills Custom Calls

The Smile on her face says it all  :congrats: :congrats:

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

coyote101

Very nice. Congratulations to both of you.  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

GunDog

Congrats to you both on a couple of nice deer!  :yoyo:

Frogman

JD & daughter,

Way to go.  It's great to see the young'uns outdoors!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

JohnP

Congratulations to your daughter and to you also. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

Tell your daughter congratulations.  That is a nice looking buck and she sure seems to be happy with it.  I am sure that the two of you enjoyed being able to hunt together.

Jerry

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

Let me add my congratulations to the young lady.  A very nice deer and her smile says it all.   :congrats:

And that's a fine looking deer you bagged too. 

Good times with the family...... that's what really counts.   :highclap:

HaMeR

Congratulations to both!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

msmith

WTG!   :yoyo: Nice deer and a very nice cabin.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

pitw

Feel proud as you both deserve too. :yoyo:  I can understand the lack of desire for a tree stand  :wink:.  Kind of a roman nose on her buck I'd say.
I say what I think not think what I say.

JDMiller

Thanks for all the kind words..... She's read them all.

I've had her in the woods since she could walk. She was about 5 blowing a crow call at LBL making her first tom gobble... I knew then she was hooked on the outdoors. At 8... she killed her first buck... now at 17... this was her 4th. She has always been involved in other activities....band, school & church... at times makes it hard to get some hunting in for both of us. We always set aside one weekend during gun season to hunt her favorite box blind together.... its made memories that neither one of us will forget.

Again.... thanks for the replies.

FOsteology

Is she going to enter the FnF Youth Contest? She meets all the requirements!

KySongDog

That's a great point, FOs!

Get her in that Youth contest, JD! 

JDMiller

I could probably talk her into it but after reading the rules..... we do not have a time / date stamp on our pics. In Ky... we use telecheck..... theres no paper tag or anything thats verifys the date that you actually handle or could post a picture of on here. All you do is phone in your harvest & they issue you a confirmation # . The only varification available ....you are able to varify on-line through KDF&WR Telecheck Review.

Taylor B. Miller  / Conf. # 1223784371 / Harvest Date 11-20-2009 / Male- Visable Antler / Christian Co.

Heres the link for the Telecheck Review....  http://fw.ky.gov/app1/harvestdcn.aspx . All you have to do is select "All Dates" on the date range and then select "Christian County"...  then hit the "search" icon.  If you scroll down the names... you will see Taylor B. Miller... where her deer was legally checked in.

If we had thought about the contest.... we could have done things differently. I honestly would'nt know if this would be considered enough info to be eligible ...but we also understand if its not.