• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

UFC Fighting

Started by ErictheRed, May 26, 2007, 05:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErictheRed

Hey, any of you guys like to watch UFC?

I am going to try and get the UFC 71 on pay per view tonight.  Chuck Liddel and Rampage Jackson should be something else.

I think they are going to have a pretty good card.

CCP

Would love to see that fight but cant watch it tonight. I watch them when I work out of town from the motel. Maybe I can catch the rerun of it next week or two. Let me know who wins it want ruin it for me I promise.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bopeye

I was gonna go watch it tonight, but decided against it. Need some  :sleep:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

CCP

Just missed seeing it Chuck Liddel  out in the first round cant believe it.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Chuck won or was ko'd in the first round?????????????
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

ErictheRed

Chuck threw a body shot and Rampage threw a "looping right hand that sent Chuck to the promised land" (like ol Big John).  Before chuck could recover Rampage had a few more blows to the face on the mat to finish him off.  Chuck couldn't believe it either.

There were several good fights on the card.  Kieth Jardine was mad he had to "go through" Houston Alexander to get to a title fight.  That just made Alexander mad, and he knocked him out in 48 seconds of the first round.  Several vicious uppercuts had everything to do with it.

The Perisian and Burkman fight went the distance with Perisian getting a unamimous decision but it was pretty close.

The Chris Leban and Caleb (foget his last name) fight was maybe the best, with Caleb getting the descision.

I can't wait to see who Rampage gets to fight next.  UFC 72 should be Couture and Gonzaga and should be a good fight as well.  If Gonzaga fights like he did against Cro Cop, Randy may be in trouble.

Bob D

Rampage did what he promised, whipped Chucks -ss. I didn't think  Rampage could beat Liddell this time around. Life just got a whole lot better for Rampage.

Bopeye

It had to happen sooner or later. Liddel is a heck of a warrior, but there are guys that are technically more proficient than him, just have less heart. Liddel couldn't expect to keep relying on his "looping right hand" forever........
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

KySongDog

Royce Gracie.........he is the MAN!    :yoyo:

The early UFC events were the best in my book.  Very few rules.   :thumb2:

ErictheRed

QuoteRoyce Gracie.........he is the MAN!   

He didn't last long with Matt Huges.  The early stuff had fewer rules, but the fighters are better trained and in better condition now.  They have really raised the level skill level.  Most any of those punches would kill a normal man.  I don't see how they get out of bed the next morning.

Bowhunter57

QuoteHe didn't last long with Matt Huges. 
ErictheRed,
I definately like Royce Gracie, but I like Matt Hughes better....as I'm in the same weight class. Absolutely awesome power that these guys have!

I hate to hear about Liddel getting knocked out by Jackson, but anything can happen in those fights.
I was never impressed with Jackson, after seeing him take such a beating from Maricio Shogun Rua. :rolleye:

Thanks for posting the fight results! :bowingsmilie:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Ladobe

Guess everybody gets lucky once in a while, although this is the 2nd time Rampage has beat him (TKO, KO).   But his MMA record is still 20/4.    The Iceman is the man when it comes to heart.   His style, while unorthodox, has won him a lot of fights and he hits harder than anyone else his weight.   

He's a personal friend of my son and his partner.    They all hang out together/party when he is in Vegas or when they go to the Santa Barbara/SLO area on business.   Nice guy.
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

ErictheRed

That is the great thing about MMA.  A fighter can win on any given day.  Make one mistake, and get submitted or knocked out.

In UFC 70 nobody thought Gonzaga had a chance against Cro Cop and talked about how devastating his high kick was.  Then Gonzaga gives Cro Cop a high kick to the head and knocked him out cold in the first round. 

This guys are amazing in the amount of punishment they can take.  The Tim Silvia/Cabbage fight was an unbelievable testement of this.  Any single blow to the head that Cabbage took from Silvia would knock most men out cold, and he kept coming.   :shck: I don't know what you have happened if Cabbage's corner had not thrown in the towel. 

There are a lot of personalities to choose from.  The end result is often a factor of the match up of skills and style.  I thought the Diego Sanchez/Josh Koschek fight would be a great fight, and it turned out to be a dud.  The styles matched up almost perfectly, and neither one was about to do anything.  They were so cautious they hardly fought.

The worst thing about being a MMA fighter has got to be the ears! :laf:

ErictheRed

Anyone going to pay for UFC 72?  Rich Franklin and Yusin Okami should be a good fight.  I like Franklin.

I've got other plans, so I don't think I will get to watch this one. :sad:

Bob D

ErictheRed

Did anyone watch UFC 73 Stacked last night?

It was a good card as usual.

I was a little disappointed in the Ortiz/Evans fight which ended in a draw because Ortiz had a point deducted for holding onto the fence.

Anderson Silva showed why he is the Middle weight champion.  He is a BAD stiker and Rich Franklin will have his hands full in the rematch.

Sean Sherk is a just a pure muscle fighter.  He took a knee to the head at the beginning of almost every round that would have ended most fights and then went on to dominate Franca.

If you guys are not watching, you are missing out on some great fighting.