• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Please convince me not to stangle this guy

Started by THO Game Calls, June 22, 2007, 12:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

So I get all cleaned up and ready to go to my appointment this afternoon.   

On the way out, one of my tennant comes to me and says "I have a leak" .  So I do the perfect slum lord thing and ask him where - fully expecting him to tilt his head over so I can watch what little brains he has left spill out.  But alas, he says, under the kitchen sink.

So, like a complete fool, I go in and open the cabinate door and stick my head down there and tell this moron to turn on the water.   He does.

I get hit with a full force of water coming out of the basket drain.

You see, Mr. Wizzerd noticed he had a leak.   So, he grabs a big pair of vice grips and proceeds to break the pipe off the basket drain under the sink.   THEN, he tells me he has a leak.  He forgets to mention that the pipe down there is now borken and lets me put my face in there to see where the water is coming from and how big of a deal it will be to fix it.

So now the plumber is here.  He says it is going to take about an hour and a half.   And cost me 250 bucks.   Mr. Wizard does not have the 250 bucks to pay for the repairs and it would just end up being a hassle to make him do so any way so I have to eat the cost and write it off my taxes next year.   

So, I have 90 minutes to cool down before the plumber leaves.  It's eaither that or bury this idiot in the yard when no one is looking and play dumb about it.

This is the same guy who decided to hang 100 pictures - some in frames some not on the bedroom wall with nails.   The Panneled bedroom wall. 

The same guy who's 2003 Toyota threw a rod after 3 years.   Because he didn't know he had to have the oil chnaged.

He is living proof that some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

Strangle him and bury him in the backyard   :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Ditto.......no one will know and I won't tell.  :innocentwhistle:

THO Game Calls

You know, when we bought this place, it was usppoed to be an investment property.   Both the owner and this tenant were living here and we figured we could rent the owners appartment out with no problem.  Lots of illegals around and they pay top dollar  :)

Anyway, the owner said he had just bought a new house in New Boston, and he had to sell before the 5 year mark came up for tax reasons.   

The house was appriased at 272,000 and we got it for 248,000 and the owner paid half the closing cost.

I don't think he had a new house, or was he looking to get a tax break.

He just wanted away from Karl the tenant. 

Never saw it coming.   He snuck it right by me the snake.

As the plumber was just leaving with a big smile on his face, and a nice fat check in his pocket, I noticed that the handle on the screen door, the same one i replaced last year was duct taped to the door. 

I just let it go.   

I need to go find my meds.     

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

GC

Hey, I saw that show... Abbott and Costello meet the Plumber!  If I remember correctly you had a really funny look on your face when the water hit you.  :roflmao:

On a serious note, evict him if he's too much trouble.  Renting to people is more trouble than it is worth.  My parents at one time owned seventeen properties, not slum stuff either.  Good clean decent homes that Dad went through and remodeled and kept them very nice.  They were in good neighborhoods and the ideal was to rent to upper scale tenants.  Pop ran back ground checks and talked to character references, work references, ect...  After a couple of years he threw in the towel and sold them all off.  What headaches (and A-holes) people can be.  I think honestly that is why some landlords just give up and quit worrying about the property as long as the rent comes in on time and the city inspectors leave them alone.  Dealing with people over money and property is such a hassle.  
"Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but it's always RIGHT!"

Jimmie in Ky

Dad has been at this for several years now. He even converted a tobacco barn for a rental house. He has had good tenants and bad. He really hated to see the good ones move on, but thy eventually do. The bad ones he either sets them straight or they move on. One had let the trash pile up all over the property. It was head high in the carport. He gave tem their eviction notice . When they went to looking for another place to rent as good as what they had, they decided to clean up their act. Good thing too, I wasn't looking forward to helping dad move at least four tons of trash.

I think 250 is a bit steep! It only took 20 to 50 dollars worth of parts even if it had to go back to the drain. And almost all of it screws on or has a pressure coupling.

Maybe a handy man bussiness would be good to look into .Jimmie

Roundman

Al
If he ever has problems with the toilet....look at the pipes before you yell FLUSH IT.    :eyebrownod:

Bopeye

Quote from: Roundman on June 22, 2007, 09:17:19 PM
Al
If he ever has problems with the toilet....look at the pipes before you yell FLUSH IT.    :eyebrownod:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Bopeye

I wouldn't strangle him Al............send him to Canada. I think that would be worse than death.  :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

browning204

I do Drive by's  for 50 bucks, OR some new perty calls.

P.S. if anything were to "accidently" happen to him,  :innocentwhistle:  just drag him down on that other road. He will just blend in down there.

It would be bad if a flaming call body were to hit him on the head while he is getting home!!
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

coyotehunter_1

"...cost me 250 bucks"

Gee Whiz Al... I would have strangled the plumber then the renter !   :innocentwhistle:
I've been a professional plumber for over 35 years.  Here, that little 1/2 hour job should have only set you back about $75 (including parts).

Then again if you had told me what the renter did to you I would have given you a nice price break..... that is after I stopped  :roflmao:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

THO Game Calls

Man all you plumbers need to move here to NH,  It's 48 bucks just to have them pull up in your drive way.

Then they charge you for the work.

In fairness to the plumber, the pipe in the house are old, silver soldered not PVC,  So he replaced the pipe under the sink and the basket drain.  Since buying this property I have had them on speed dial.  Two furnaces, two water heaters and some other plumbing work.  All I know is that they are professional and do good work.

The toilet line was funny.  Ha Ha  But I will remember the tip LOL

I could not evict this guy if I wanted to.  The law here would have him sitting in that apartment for a good 6 months rent free while I went through the process.  But it is coming to that.  Even if I have to eat the rent he is getting really annoying.  A while back I had to say something to him when I found he had his sister in law and her two kids living with them.  And their dog.   I got the sister in law moved out, but then I found out that she could not have a dog at her new apartment so he said he would keep it.  I got him to get rid of the mutt but it was a fight LOL. 

I could go on for hours about this guy but this sums him up perfectly if there are any doubts this guy is a waste of flesh.

When I first met him, I asked hm if he was a hunter.  He told me he used to be, but his wife would no longer let him have guns in the house after he tripped and fell hunting in Maine and ended up shooting himself in the ass with a 30/06. 

I don't know if that story is true or not, but if you knew him, you would probably believe it.

Al

Hawks Feather

Al,

Are you saying that you have a half-ass renter?

Jerry

THO Game Calls

Walked right into that one didn't I ?    :roflmao:   :roflmao:

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Braz

Knew a fellow a few years ago that had quite a bit of holdings in real estate. One property in particular had this really AH of a tenant. He was always late on the rent and was always screwing up the property. This guy I knew asked the guy several times to move, but kept getting a lot of crap from the tenant. This guy finally had to resort to his ace in the hole. He had this friend, an ex NFL football player. Black, 6'6" tall and about 320, with no fat. Really mean looking guy. This dude made a visit to the tenant, knocked on the door, and in a firm, but harsh voice, told the guy that the landlord was a good friend, and didn't like to see his good friends have problems. When he left, he let his coat open up a bit and the tenant was able to catch a glimpse of the 45 in the holster. My friend said that within two weeks the tenant was gone. I have always laughed at this story. I guess it all depends on how you approach a problem.
Braz

Rich

Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

Lonehowl

Al you may have to resort to the triple S tactic that Kalifornians have been using since the 90's with the Mountain Lion hunting ban:
Shoot Shovel Shutup

THO Game Calls

Ah, I remember that one well. 

My wife reminded me that this is of course my own fault.   Last Decenber, about two weeks after the archery deer season had ended, I saw him loading up his car one night with his bow and camo and other gear.  So I walked over and asked him what he was up to.  He told me he was going deer hunting in the morning.  Like a dumby I let him know that the season had ended two weeks ago.  Should of wated and then called the game warden the next day   :laf:

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

FinsnFur

Going deer hunting in the morning  :rolleye: Some people are amazing.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

Mannnnnnnn this topic is drawing people from predator masters like stink on shit.  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Someone got a guilty conscious over there. They are literally rifling in here tonight one right after the other.  :roflmao:

I just love server monitoring software  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers