• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Home made target stand

Started by Rick223, July 01, 2007, 07:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick223

Hey guys
I went to a neighbors rummage sale today they had a cot for sale 50cents so i bought it to use as a cot :doh2:
I went to the local pub for some pizza and was sittin there thinkin,I planned on going to the range as I loaded up some new rounds for my 25-06 and I always go down there and scrounge around for something to set up my targets with (Im to cheap to by a target stand) I decided to build something to use as a stand and woundnt ya know I had a IDEA(Imagine that) I took the cot cut off the fabric and built a stand.
Heres some pics
Heres the stand

Another view

I built it with the thought of easy repair just the frame of the cot and one of the legs witch you can see in the second pic I used wire across top and bottom to hold a piece of corrugated plastic witch I get from the local pub, also you can get at any craft store and im sure some of you already use, then i drilled two holes in the parts touchin the ground so I could push in two tent stakes to hold it secure.
Then I used duck tape to hold the plastic board to the stand of wire on the top and bottom , then stapled my targets to the plastic board.
well here are some more pics so you con understand what I doing here.

So with and old cot some bailing wire duck tape you can get an inexpensive target holder. :biggrin:
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Hawks Feather

Rick,

That looks really good.  I like the fact that it is larger than the realtor "house for sale" frame that I have been using.

Jerry

Rick223

:eyebrownod:
Oh for one cot you get two stands.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

iahntr

You MacGyverized that one up real nice :wink:  Looks like it aughta work good.
Scott

FinsnFur

Were gonna put this in with Danny's Shopko grill on wheels  :laf:

Hey if it works  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

browning204

Quote from: Hawks Feather on July 01, 2007, 08:05:27 PM
Rick,

That looks really good.  I like the fact that it is larger than the realtor "house for sale" frame that I have been using.

Jerry

thats a great idea! the house I am moving to still has the sign outside. If it is there during my next day off I am gonna swipe it.

It will be perfect for hanging pictures of frogs on!  :highclap:
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

Nelson

Rick,
              I think that was a great idea!  I've been wanting to make a target stand without using wood and that fills the bill.  Now I just have to find an old cot.  I liked the judicious use of duck tape and bailing wire also.  Those are two of my favorite components when I make something!    :eyebrownod:    :laf:
              Nelson

Rick223

Thanks Nelson when i built it i was thinkin that sooner or later it will get shot up so what better way to build it and fix it is with the old stand by duck tape and wire.    :biggrin:

nailbender

Good idea Rick.  I've got a couple old lounger lawn chairs that may have just found a new purpose in life!

possumal

:highclap:  I like the fact you emptied all those Bud Light cases to get some of the parts. My kind of guy!!  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Seriously though, how did you think that up after drinking that much Bud?  :bowingsmilie:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Rick223

I dont know the idea just kinda hit me like wet mop to the face. :shrug: :laf: