• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hearing Aids

Started by Carolina Coyote, July 11, 2007, 05:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

If any of you guys are like me getting old and loseing your hearing and have not checked out the new hearing aids now available it might be worth your time to check them out, I had bought hearing aids about 10 years ago but they did nothing for me but today I picked up a new hearing aid for one ear, the other ear is pretty much gone and they didnot think a hearing aid would help, but this new one is something else, I had forgotten how noisy this world really is. I can now carry on a convesation with my wife without having her to repeat everything and talk on the phone without feedback. Going to be a big help hearing the yote coming in. yahoo :yahoo:

studabaka

What kind did ya get?
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Bopeye

I want an ear and eye like the bionic man and woman had..........ol' Lee Majors was one badddd dude..... :eyebrownod:

Congrats on your new ear there Carolina..... :congrats:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

KySongDog

I use hearing ear muffs called Mega Ears by Bonner Technologies for bow hunting and turkey hunting.  It helps quite a bit.

I've thought about "in the ear" real hearing aids but don't know enough about them to decide. 

What brand of hearing aid did you go with and why?  Cost?

Carolina Coyote

The name of my hearing aid is Rhapsody, Manufacture is NU-EAR, They are not cheap and cost is dependant on hearing loss, my hearing loss was more severe than I realized and the cost is worth every penny to me. The Hearing test is Free and you don't have to spend any money to fine out if the Hearing Aid will help you. The thing is you just have to try it to see and decide if the cost is worth the benifits. There has been a lot of advance in the Technoglogy of Hearing Aids in the last couple of years they are unbeliveable clear and Whistle-Free, I have a set of muffs by Pro-Ears Dimension 2 and there is no comparision in the quality of sound and when using the muffs while shooting a rifle they are in the way and make bumping noise on the stock. I will be glad to PM what the cost was to me to anyone that is interested and I'm not tryiny to sell the Hearing Aids just letting people that may have a Hearing problem know that these new hearing aids could be beneficial. cc

keekee

Cool! Glad it worked out for you Carl!

I been a real ass with the kids about shooting with out hearing protection. And I being a factory man all my life have been hard on my self as well. I wear ear plugs every day at work and when shooting. I cant bring myself to wear them hunting but if I am at the range, I got muffs on! I also ride my guys at work hard about wearing hearing protection as well! I'm sure they get tiered of hearing me preach to them though.

But the last 15 years OSHA has made it mandatory for them to check our hearing, mine has not dropped a point! But I make sure I wear them every day!

Brent

Braz

As one who has a severe hearing loss, I can tell you guys that wearing hearing protection at all times when you shoot is the way to go. My hearing loss is hereditary, but a loss is a loss. It is a real bummer to sit across the table from someone and not be able to hear what they say. Or you think they say one thing, you respond, and they look at you like you are nuts. Protect that hearing!!

My hearing aids are made by Sankey. For those of you that think that you just can't afford to buy good hearing protection, think again. My hearing aids cost approximately $4000 for the pair. You can buy a lot of hearing protectors for that kind of money. And believe me, when your hearing is like mine, you are happy that you can be able to pay ONLY $4000 to be able to hear again. What would you pay to be able to hear?

Believe me guys, the hearing protection thing is not a joke. Take it to heart and do it. At ALL times. Buy something to wear whenever you shoot. You are damaging your hearing and it is cumulative and non reversible.
Braz

kiyitec

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on July 11, 2007, 05:45:10 PM
I can now carry on a convesation with my wife without having her to repeat everything

Wonder how long it will take for you to "lose" said hearing device, for A few days anyways.

Must say:  CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?
No really, what A way to improve your life. Kudos brother!
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.