• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

How was your Friday the 13th?

Started by vvarmitr, July 14, 2007, 01:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vvarmitr

:wo: I think I would rather have a quiet evening w/ Bop's wife* than have the kidney stone I had Friday ... at least till Bop & Coyote Kate found out. I'd rather take my chances w/ Bop than CK. CK would grab me by the wallet & twist. Bop, heck he can't even stop a coyote w/ a 10ga!   :laf:  OUCH! Oooow It still hurts when I laugh. :sad:

Kidney Stones are most often a combo of calcium & oxalic acid (calcium oxalate). There are 4 or 5 other substances that contribute, but very seldom the major cause. Of course diet has a lot to do w/ it, but they're finding out a persons metabolism has a lot to do w/ it as much if not more.  Women who have had kidney stones say they're much worst than kid birth! :huh:
After my first couple of stones they had me quit eating certain things.  I avoided 'em like a plague. (Even coffee) During that time I had a rash of smaller stones that I was able to past at home, but still?  :shrug:  I finally said piss on the diet. (No pun intended)  :innocentwhistle: Now I seldom have 'em.   :sneer:

*BTW Bop iffen I ever had a quiet eve w/ your wife it would be us drinking coffee & talking about the Lord & family. :wink:

ohiobob

James
Are you sure you wasnt "Pissin" Pearls ??? you may have "Pissed away" about $5,000 already,,you need to buy one of those cheap Microscopes at Wally world and take a closer look ?  :laf: :laf:  Glad ya got rid of it,,I had that Kidney Pain last week and it made it hard to walk,,so I KNOW you had to be far from walking good  :biggrin: I have heard that those Kidney Stones are PURE EVIL !
Bob

ETA: maybe you should save those stones and some call Maker can inlay the stones into one of your calls and Buff the hell out of it ? it may SHINE like Gold after the Buffing  :shrug: :laf:
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

NASA

There's one more thing I guess I need to avoid.  Dairy products.  I love my milk and cheese, but kidney stones don't sound like anything I want to experience.  Besides, I only have one kidney as it is.   :rolleye:

vvarmitr

Nasa: Just drink more water. :wink:  Not drinking enough/dehydration is known to be a problem w/ KS.  In my job I dehydrate a lot & it doesn't help I offen have a quid in my chops. :rolleye:

Bob: your nuckin futs!  :laf:

CCP

vvarmitr I now your pain. I had my first kidney stone at 16 and my last to date was around 2 months ago. The last one hit me so hard on my way to hunt I thought something had ruptured in my stomach and floored it to the emergency room.

I have been fortunate to have passed all mine without them having to go in and get them.  No worse feeling then having to pee real bad and during mid stream all stops then the real pain starts. :biggrin:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Carolina Coyote

VV I sure hate to hear that you had the kidney stones, I've had them and know the pain, there is no position you can get in that will ease the pain and there is no arguing with the Doctor when he's coming with the needle. I have not had one in a long time but I did have a high calcium intake and I cut that and drink lots of water to keep them kidneys flushed out and I don't think it hurts to run a few cold one's thru once in a while, They also help the attitude a little. Glad you passed the stone and feeling better. cc

vvarmitr

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on July 15, 2007, 03:59:25 PMI don't think it hurts to run a few cold one's thru once in a while,

I guess not. When I had my first KS, I was in college. The Doc. said if I'd behave I can have beer while in the hospital. :shck:  Sure glad I took him up on it as they made a great chaser for the extract of prune extract they gave me. :puke:   :laf:

awh

VV. I feel for ya man. Two years aso I passed four in four days and could have swore I was being put through a meat grinder. THe wife took me to the ER and I was curled up in the floor board screaming the whole way. The ER doctoc finally told me that he could not give me any more pain meds. Then he screwed up by getting close enough for me to grab him and exercise my rights as being bigger than him and in pain. I got more meds after a short right hand to the collar and bringing him real close to me and telling him I would hunt him down and beat the every loving last chunck of shit plum out of him. After the first one dropped in the bladder he came back to check on me....but stayed across the room for some reason? LOL
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

vvarmitr

Quote from: awh on July 15, 2007, 04:48:54 PMI was curled up in the floor board screaming the whole way.

If that is all you did you must have a very high pain tolerance. ;yes;

4 in 4 days, OMG!!! :shck:  You have my deepest sympathy.

ohiobob

Quote from: awh on July 15, 2007, 04:48:54 PM
telling him I would hunt him down and beat the every loving last chunck of shit plum out of him.

Danny
Do I have your permission to use that saying in our Red Turd discussions ???  :biggrin: if not I will be able to come up with something else for our old "Thieving Turd Burgler" Buddy from the Klondike !!!  :shck:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

awh

VV, I'm 6'6-1/2" tall 275 pounds and I'm not scared to say while curled up screaming in the floor board .... I was crying and wishing someone would put an end to it. The good news was the doctor asked if I drank beer. Which the wife laughed before I could say yes. He then told me to continue to drink beer so now she can't say anything :biggrin: It was almost 1-1/2 years after that before I drank a Pepsi. Or tea. I stuck to water during the day and had a couple beers with supper at night. I've also asked the wife if I ever have another one to get them to put me out. Cut it out. Anything but lay there and wait for it to pass. I still do my best to stay away from the soft drinks, tea, milk and well water as he told me that's what was doing it to me. Sad thing is I'm on a well at the house.

Bob, use it my friend. I have another one that refers to a "donut" I'll I.M. ya in a few.  :roflmao:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.