• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

WALLY WORLD

Started by nastygunz, June 22, 2009, 02:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

CHINAS BIGGEST FAN...HAS TAKEN ALL THE GUNS OFF THEIR WEB SITE....IN ADDITION TO STOP SELLING THEM IN MANY STORES...THE CONCORD,NH STORE STILL SELLS GUNS THOUGH...THE AMMO IS WIPED OUT THERE AND IT SAYS 6 BOXES PER DAY PER CUSTOMER...THE AMMO RACK IS NEARLY EMPTY...ALL THE AMMO HOARDERS ARE GUNNA BE SCREWED WHEN THEY EVENTUALLY BAN LEAD AND GO TO A "GREEN" BULLET !!..I FORCED THE YOUNG, DUMB UNMOTIVATED SPORTING GOODS CLERK TO TAKE OUT THE GUN CATALOGUE AND PRICE A REMINGTON 597 IN .22 MAGNUM FOR ME, $405.00...HE WAS NOTICEABLY DISGRUNTLED UNTIL I TOLD HIM I WAS JUST PRICE CHECKING NOT ORDERING...THEN KNOWING HE DIDNT HAVE TO ACTUALLY WORK HE WAS MUCH FRIENDLIER...THE ONLY MORE USELES GUN CLERKS I HAVE EVER NOTICED ARE ACROSS THE ROAD AT DIXX SPORTING GOODS...GUY THERE HAD TO GET A MANAGER AS HE DIDNT KNOW WHAT 9MM AMMO WAS...I TOLD THEM BOTH ITS WRITTEN ON THE BOX!!...RETAIL EMPLOYEES RULE !...AT THE CONCORD WALMART YOU PAY FOR GUNS AT...THE JEWELRY COUNTER?...THEN GET THE WALK OF SHAME OUT THE DOOR...I BOUGHT SOME POWERBAIT WORMS AND GAMAKATSU WORM HOOKS...WAITING IN LINE SOME LOUD FELLA WITH BOTH HANDS IN CASTS AND SERIOUS BOOZE BREATH WAS RIGHT BEHIND ME BREATHING ON ME AND YELLING IN MY EAR AT HIS EQUALLY BOOZEY FLOOZEY...I TURNED AROUND AND SAID HEY BACK UP A STEP OR THREE THERE PILGRIM :eyebrow:...I BELIEVE HE WOULD HAVE WHUPPED ME IF HE WASNT ALL CASTED UP...IF HE TRIED I WOULD HAVE WENT FOR THE MULLET DEATH CLUTCH :yoyo:...WALLY WORLD..THAT PLACE IS LIKE AN ADVENTURE EVERYTIME YOU GO THERE  :roflmao:

Bills Custom Calls

A few years ago Wally worlds upper management was leaving it up to store managers wheather they wanted to sell fire arms,maybe your store got a new manager

I don't shop wally world due to the fact that the people who work there know nothing about what they are doing,and most of the people who shop there are rude.

I cringe everytime my wife says lets stop at wally world,when I am in the car
Then the only reason I go in is to see the people make asses of theirselves  :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

KySongDog

I like Wally World.  I go there to buy stuff that is usually cheaper than anywhere else.  I don't go there to ask their advice.   :biggrin:   

Their ammo (when they have it) is cheaper or as cheap than most anywhere (when you figure in shipping costs).   

alscalls

Allow me to tell you a very different side to Wally world......
When I worked in management at a well known shovel plant" Ames True Temper" The plant had been there for 150 years and we manufactured all kinds of lawn and garden tools.
Wally world came around and told us we were going to make them a line of shovels rakes and hoes. During the discussion they layed a written proposal out showing us what it cost us to make them and told us they would pay 1 cent per tool over that cost.
They were laughed at at first until they said they would buy so many Millions of them that we could not refuse.
Part of the deal was that this would be a wally world exclusive and in a round about way it was told that quality was not all that important in this line as speed and cheap is what was needed.
Other companies soon found out about the new line and wanted the same deal......so in order to make them happy we were not allowed to sell them the same tools so each company would get their own line of tools at a way to cheap a price forcing us to spend money on new equipment to make each line unique to its customer.
When steel and power as well as other things began to jump in cost we were literally forced to pay to make the tools as wally world led the charge that they would not pay one red cent more per tool.....They said they would make them in China first.
They sold our tools at the time for $3.98 each and would not let us raise our prices. Ultimately the plant I Loved to work for....Closed and Wally world still has cheap tools.
I can not wait to see how China will make your ammo on the cheap It should be interesting to shoot...... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I do not think I would have cared if my next shovel cost $4.99 instead of $3.98 ......740 good folks I know do not like Wallyworld very much as they all lost their jobs and some were forced to work for the same jack asses that put us under as they have closed most businesses around here...... :rolleye:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

nastygunz

Barbara Erhenreich is a wealthy journalist who wrote a book called NICKELED AND DIMED IN AMERICA, good read, where she traveled around and worked undercover as a maid, cook, etc. One job she said had was at Walmart and she said it was like working in a prison camp they were so bad to the help.

Todd Rahm

The Wally's up here still sell guns and ammo with no limits. They acquire them through a local distributer, and that might have something to do with it?  :shrug: I do know how ever that the distributer is also having a hard time getting ammo as most are.

KySongDog

We live in a capitalist society.  Competition drives a capitalist society.  Wally World COMPETES!  That's why they are number one in the world at what they do.  KMart, Target, Sears, none of the big box stores can compete with Wally World.  Wal Mart advertises low prices and they deliver.  Just look at their parking lot.  It is full most days with people shopping.  Are they cut throat, hell yes.  But the consumer wins. 

Sorry jobs were lost but America does not pay for inefficiencies except in government.  Nobody MADE your company sell to Wal Mart.  When someone comes along that sells stuff cheaper with the same quality I'll shop there.   Until then I like Wally World.

Bills Custom Calls

Quote from: Semp on June 22, 2009, 01:53:09 PMWhen someone comes along that sells stuff cheaper with the same quality I'll shop there.   Until then I like Wally World.

:wo:   Did you ever try to buy hollow point ammo at wally world,the only hollow point ammo I found there was 22 rifle ammo and deer slugs

They don't carry 250 grain 44 mags  although they do have 44 mag in 180 grain and down for the same price as I get my 250 grain.So the way I see it it is not cheaper and it is not the same quality
Semp try comparing what you are buying
You know APPLES TO APPLES not APPLES TO ORANGES
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

pitw

I for one will not buy anything at Wally World.  They were always a city store before but now they have come out to the country up here and they have caused the closing of many small stores where the people would actually help you on weekends.  I have yet to see a Wally World person help me out with my business so they will get none of mine.  I do however do my best to irritate them by opening box's, making a mess or cleaning my ashtray in there parking lot.  Largge corporations of any kind are not good for rural folk.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

All I will say is....You said....... "Nobody MADE your company sell to Wal Mart"

Yes that's what I am saying....Wal Mart forces companies to do their bidding by strong arming and threatening to start their own company in China. Then they make it an exclusive deal so no one else can have the same deal or cheaper.
I was in the meetings I know.
We did say NO many times..... Its like they think they are the Mafia or something.

What will happen when they cheapen ammo? Throw QC out the window and people get hurt?
I don't like them.... and yes we are all forced to shop there some of the time and it will only get worse as they use their buying power to close the local shops some of us would rather support....and we are unable to find what we need except for the exclusives at Wal Mart.
I know we all have opinions on the matter but I have seen behind the scenes and my feelings are strong because they cost our local economy to fail to the point both my wife and I are unemployed I search for a job everyday and am told by many Wal Mart has really hurt this town.....Sorry there arent any jobs right now.... :shrug:
I guess I should move to China so I can work and folks can keep on shopping there???? NO I will bad mouth them at every turn they have hurt me and my family. And that is My Opinion. :wink:
AL

KySongDog

I really do understand what you are saying, Al.  I have had dealings with Wal Mart back in my working days.  They are very aggressive.  They have VOLUME buying power and know they have the upper hand.  Most companies sell to them because that allows the company to produce large amounts of product and thereby reduce their over all costs on each item.   Companies make very little to nothing selling to Wal Mart but they achieve production efficiencies due to the volume they can sell.  The excess production (not going to Wal Mart) is sold to other outlets at a higher price producing the profit for the company.  That's the theory anyways.

When I was in the coal business, the exact same "Wal Mart" type business model was used by TVA.  We had to sell coal to them at almost our cost because they bought huge volumes.  The high volume allowed production efficiencies at our mines so that we could stay close to maximum production levels and our overall cost per ton mined was lower.  Our excess production went to other power plants and that is where we tried to make money for the company.  

Competition is the name of the game.  

edited: the china comment was a brain fart, deleted it.

nastygunz

They do have plenty of guns there both shotgun and rifle...I buy guns there and one reason is purely money....they have better prices...as for support the small shope around here I find they have terrible customer service and their prices are sky high. I go to one gun shop where the guy is actually friendly and will go out of his way to help you...most of them act like your bothering them by entering their shops...so if Im dealing with rude people Ill pick the rude one that charges less :eyebrow:

alscalls

I choose what is best for my family and if that means I go there I go there.....But they should not be allowed to have exclusive rights to products in such mass that it shuts down local economy's ....That is a monopoly.
Right now if you go to Rugers web site and look for a laminated Monti Carlo stock 10/22 with a stainless barrel you will find it...but you can not buy it... :nono: unless Wal mart decides to start selling it again.....that is just one of many examples and it aint right.
If it is a Wal Mart gun it should say Wal Mart. If it is a Ruger you should be able to buy it when you want from anyone that sells Ruger otherwise it is a monopoly.
I have been in manufacturing for 25 years and I know the ins and outs......If we done 20 years ago to people what they are doing now in the business world we would have been jailed. :rolleye:
AL

FinsnFur

I get quite a few things at Wally World regularly.
I can remember when my oldest was first born and I was freshly married. My mother visited a couple times and used to call the baby a WalMart baby. :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com