• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My garden (UPDATED)

Started by 5 SHOTS, July 03, 2010, 08:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 SHOTS

With all the talk about gardens, I figured I could show everyone my garden too. Keep in mind that I don't have a big yard and not much ambition.

My tomatoes.

These onions were already here so I adopted them. (The deer seem to like them more than I do).

And this stuff. I don't know what it is, but the lawnmower can't kill it so I think I can keep it alive too.

I had to fence it off to keep the lawnmower from trying again.

sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FinsnFur

The stuff you cant kill, is it edible?
What ya got there, a "pull behind the four wheeler" mower?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

5 SHOTS

I have no idea if it's edible or not.  :shrug:
I have my four wheeler / snowmobile trailer on the back of the 'wheeler. Works pretty god to move it around.  :eyebrow:
The onions and the green stuff were growing there when i moved in 3 years ago. Any idea what the green stuff is ?

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

pitw

Art that's start to a fine salad :yoyo:.  Looks like Horse Raddish to me that you can't kill and neither can I[don't bother pouring diesel fuel on it cause that don't work either] :innocentwhistle:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Carolina Coyote

Silencer

thats what I thought as well, horse raddish.  pull the bulbs and grind em up, just make sure you do it in a well vented area.   People steal that stuff around here !!!   they also replant it in hidden areas near the river.  Love me some good horsey !!! 

pitw

Quote from: Silencer on July 04, 2010, 09:35:42 AM
   People steal that stuff around here !!!   
:shock2: :shock2: :shock2: :shock2: :shock2: :sad3: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: 

It grows wild here south of me and is harder to kill than a twenty headed dragon on steroids :argh:.

5 SHOTS

I looked at it a little closer and it is not horseradish, unless it is some domesticated version. It doesn't look like the stuff growing in every ditch and river bank in the state. These leaves are wider and they have jagged edges.  :shrug:

5 SHOTS

Quote from: Silencer on July 04, 2010, 09:35:42 AM
thats what I thought as well, horse raddish.  pull the bulbs and grind em up, just make sure you do it in a well vented area.   People steal that stuff around here !!!   they also replant it in hidden areas near the river.  Love me some good horsey !!! 

Come get all you want, but make sure you bring a TRUCK, (not a pickup either).  :wink: :biggrin:

pitw

Quote from: 5 SHOTS on July 04, 2010, 07:04:22 PM
I looked at it a little closer and it is not horseradish, unless it is some domesticated version. It doesn't look like the stuff growing in every ditch and river bank in the state. These leaves are wider and they have jagged edges.  :shrug:

Could you dig a plant so we could see the roots :shrug:.  I know your neighbor has a shovel as he told me he had to shovel something after your story telling :hahaha:.

vvarmitr

Sounds to me Barry that you're sitting on a gold mine iffen you can get it to PA.  :eyebrow:

pitw

Quote from: vvarmitr on July 05, 2010, 09:07:51 AM
Sounds to me Barry that you're sitting on a gold mine iffen you can get it to PA.  :eyebrow:

Trust me  :readthis:, If'n I smuggle plants down to PA they will be worth more than Horse raddish :innocentwhistle:.

The roads are built for access to the Northern mines and communities.  North of this lake we are going to we met 7 vehicles in 6 hours.  One was on it's roof :doh2:.

5 SHOTS

Time for an update on the garden. the stuff I can't kill is still green and flourishing, also, it doesn't have bulbs at all just a root that looks like a vine. The onions are toast. they went to seed (again). Last but not least the tomatoes on my front porch, about 3 feet from my door, in the middle of main street,

[smg id=431 type=av]

They must have been good......she invited friends.

[smg id=430 type=av]

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

pitw

Baiting is legal in Montana :shrug:.

5 SHOTS

Baiting deer is one of the few things they frown on here.  :pout:  Maybe self defence would work.  :confused: :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

I don't think Food Plots  would be considered baiting, I mean after all not everyone has a food plot on the front porch.  :innocentwhistle: cc