• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Wild day in the woods.....

Started by alscalls, September 19, 2010, 08:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alscalls

I went bow hunting for our early bow, doe season on Fri.  Thurs. we had a tornado cause a BUNCH of damage to the area so I figured I would help clear the trees from the roads, and if I made it to my farm I would check the cabin and tree stands, roads ect. for damage.
I got in a little late.......like 7:00 am , after having to stop to remove some tree limbs from the road way.....
I noticed that my tree house tree stand was still in tacit, yet something was amiss......

On the way there my cabin looked fine, but I was finding strange debris on the ground everywhere..... I found a part of a bucket, that was never mine and the nearest place it could have came from was miles away...... Upon arriving at my stand the door was open and I assumed the storm had opened it for me....... :nono:
I was puzzled to see the storm had left a piece of white siding beside the stand, that came from some poor souls home far away...... When I entered the stand I noticed the front window was opened and latched...... and someones candy wrappers was on the floor...... the chairs had been rearranged, and some other sure signs that another hunter had spent the day there.  :argh:

I went on to do some hunting and around 9:30am a whole flock of turkeys (all gobblers) came through, looking soaking wet from the storms...... they jumped up on some downed pines and was cleaning and straitening their feathers when I grabbed my camera and started filming....... All of a sudden I saw movement to my right...... DEER! So being by my self I put the camera down and grabbed my bow.....
An 8 point mostly still in velvet......I needed a doe..... :rolleye:  And here she came.....right behind him..... :biggrin:
She came to the rear of the stand where I could not shoot..... :noway:  So all I could do was watch.
She marched right up to those turkeys, and one at a time she pushed them off the log with her head.... :laf: Dangdest thing I had seen in a while...... she then stood over the log as if to be playing king of the mountain.... :laf: :laf:
Every time she would walk away from the log the birds would jump back up on the log and she would again push them off one at a time.... :laf:  I never got to shoot a thing...... But I had a Blast watching this deer play with these turkeys.....
And when I find my trespasser hunting in my stand I will re-starts this game of king of the mountain.... :eyebrownod:

I wish I new how to post a video better as its 27mb and you tube wont let me...... but it was a wonderful morning watching the animals recover from the same storm we were.

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Holy Wow Al :yoyo:.  That would be more fun than shooting any deer. :wink:  It's true that truth is stranger than fiction in most instances.  I've watched the calves push turkeys around but never a deer.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Dave

Quote from: pitw on September 19, 2010, 08:36:49 AM
Holy Wow Al
Ditto

Were you able to get any shots of the deer pushing the trukeys?

possumal

Wild day in the woods sounds like a good description of your day, Alscalls Al.  Hope you catch the trespasser.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Tikaani

I am with Barry, whole lot more enjoyment watching the deer interact with the turkeys.  Hope you catch the trespasser Al

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

alscalls

I was filming out the back window of the stand...... so It was either hold my bow or hold the camera....and I want some meat so.... I got turkey footage, but when I seen deer I went into hunt mode..... :eyebrownod:

It was fun watching them play king of the mountain......

I went back out today a seen more damage....... The trespasser cut down my cable and fence around the civil war grave yard and also stole a cup holder from my buddies tree stand...the stand itself was chained and locked... it was a neat cup holder as it screwed into the tree.....but its not his to take.
If he uses it in his stand it will make my job of finding him easier...... And while I am waiting on the DNR to fetch him I will disassemble his with great care.... :nono:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Vimeo is getting pretty popular as YouTube's rival cause it doesnt compress the movies so bad it blurs the crap out of them.
Plus you can upload 500 meg if you want.
http://vimeo.com/

There's another real good one, that sounds like vimeo and I cant remember the name of it. I've used Vimeo, and and I like it. I just heard about this other one, infact some people are posting videos on you tube from these others cause they are clearer. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com