• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Interesting day......

Started by 5 SHOTS, March 03, 2011, 06:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 SHOTS

I decided to go make a few stands today. I have 2 sets of snow camo, one set is an old military surplus, the other is Kings Snow Shadow. The Snow Shadow is made some place where it has never snowed. It has vents all over, and a mesh inside so it doesn't stick to you when you sweat. I saw a snow camo poncho the other day and it looked better and easier than the other stuff, and it was cheap, so I got it. I don't know who designed this thing but they managed to save all the annoying traits of the military rain ponchos, and incorporate a few more. It is about the size of a king size bed sheet. I decided to use the poncho. Anyway on the first 3 stands, I had coyotes light up about a mile or more away, but they were content to let me know I was too far away to bother them. the fourth stand though....... I parked the pick up and snow shooed out across the oil field location and about 100 yards farther then set up. I got a response almost immediately. It sounded like 20 coyotes about a half mile away, so I figured it must be a pair. They were angry. Someone was in their yard. They were getting closer and fast. I think they were just over the hill about 200 yards in front of me. WHOO HOO, my dry spell might be over!!!!! Then suddenly they were silent, and my adrenalin was at maximum. I'm not sure but I think my heart was pumping pure adrenalin with a just red tint to it. I was excited. THEN, I noticed the sound of a truck coming up the hill to this location. I figured I would just wait him out so I didn't move. The truck drove around the pumping unit then started to leave. I thought SWEET, he was just turning around, but I was mistaken. He stopped and backed up a little then set the brakes. He climbed down and started walking straight toward me. I figured the stand was blown when he yelled to me "what you doin?" I got up and met him half way. I told him coyote hunting, and he asked
"There is coyoteees here? My brother said wolves (pronounced woofs) had eaten them all." then looked around nervously and asked "Do they bite?"
I thought HOO BOY, then said, only if you tease them, a lot.
He asked "Is that your pickup?"
I said, no, it was sitting there when i landed.
He asked "Landed? OHHHH, parachute." and asked if I needed a ride.
I am about 30 miles from the nearest town, So I told him no thanks I would just walk and hunt coyotes along the way.
He said, "OK, but it is a long ways."
I told him it was a lot closer if you cut straight across country.
He said, Ohh, I didn't know that." and "good luck coyoteee hunting."
Then walked over to his truck and drove away.

I kinda enjoyed talking with him.  :alscalls: :alscalls:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

alscalls

I hate it when that kinda crap happens...... But ya gotta laugh about it....  :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

That conversation woulda been more fun than shooting any coyote :alscalls: :alscalls:
I say what I think not think what I say.

iahntr

Scott

HaMeR

That would make for the perfect stand Art!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

I'm surprised he even approached you decked out in your snow fatigues.

"landed" :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

5 SHOTS

I was just about to tell him I was flying a hang glider when he came up with the parachute.  :innocentwhistle: I think he was from New Jersey or New York or something by his accent. I wonder how he ended up over here?  :iroll:  :alscalls: :alscalls:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.