• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Stick Bug........

Started by alscalls, September 08, 2009, 05:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alscalls

Went camping and saw one of these for the first time in a long time....
A stick bug!

And I aint sure if this bird is really smart or stupid.......

We did some sightseeing......

And since my daughter was getting the Obamma Flu later....we stayed a little longer and had a great time!!

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Now that is something else I ain't never seen and I'm not sure I believe it as that is almost unbelievable.  That thing could hide any where and it's probaably poisonous too.  I'm thinking you spent some good time Al.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

I dont think I've ever seen one in the wild. They do exist though. Crafty little thangs hiding like they do. :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Yotehntr

Heck I'm just surprised Al didn't figure out a way to make a call out of it!  :roflmao:   Looks like ya been having fun Al!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Silencer

way cool, I like them and the prayin manits.  very rare to see both anymore, great pics Al

HaMeR

I'll see a stick bug once every couple years myself. They are neat looking creatures. Glad y'all had fun & I wish your Daughter an absolutely 100% speedy recovery from that nasty shiite!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

I had a small praying mantis on top of one my garbage cans Saturday.  I should have gotten a pic.   :doh2:

vvarmitr

We could be surrounded by Walking Sticks/Stick Bugs & who would know. :shock2:
:laf:

Pitw: You're  lucky you don't have them buggers up there.  Al is lucky he just found a bity baby one. ;yes;
Why one time I was out a huntin' & stopped & leaned my shooting sticks against a tree while I shuck the dew from the lilies. After I got the horse back in the barn I reached around for my cross sticks w/o looking. :doh2:  Unbeknownest to me this 4' long Walking Stick was getting romantic notions fer my shooting sticks! :shock2: ;yes;  Yeah, they ain't too bright.  I grabbed that dern thing by the neck about the time it was slipping a arm around my cross sticks & gave him a yank as I went to take off.  I assume it was the neck. I was about 6" down from the top.  :shrug:   Anyhoo, this here Walking Stick had himself a firm grip on that tree w/ his other 5 appendages. Needless to say I didn't get far.  :innocentwhistle:   Now I don't know, but I think maybe he thought I was a rival Walking  Stick after his gal. Like I said "They ain't too bright."  Wouldn't you know that thing lit into me & commenced to give me a thrashen like ain't never had since Mrs.Walpool disciplined me w/ a yardstick fer lighting a match in my desk.  :innocentwhistle:  I possibly wouldn't be here today if in the fracas he hadn't bumped my shooting sticks. In so doing the cross sticks fell ever so lightly on the back of the Walking Stick as if to say in a sexy, soft, pleading feminine voice, "Please don't hurt him anymore."  Boy, are these bugs dumb! :rolleye:  As he turned to look into her eyes I made good my escape.
Last I heard their living in Beech Bottom WV.  Though she'll spread her legs for him she still hasn't given him any offspring. :rolleye:
Gawd, those bugs are dumb!

alscalls

Its a bug.........that looks like a stick..... :shrug:       :laf: :laf:

It was actually crawling up the lantern to its doom, so I guess VV is right about them being dumb...... :laf: :laf:

We had a fantastic time, and brought home a winters worth of fish........ :biggrin:

But the good time had was the best part of it all.......... :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Quote from: vvarmitr on September 08, 2009, 09:30:25 PM
We could be surrounded by Walking Sticks/Stick Bugs & who would know. :shock2:
:laf:

Pitw: You're  lucky you don't have them buggers up there.  Al is lucky he just found a bity baby one. ;yes;
Why one time I was out a huntin' & stopped & leaned my shooting sticks against a tree while I shuck the dew from the lilies. After I got the horse back in the barn I reached around for my cross sticks w/o looking. :doh2:  Unbeknownest to me this 4' long Walking Stick was getting romantic notions fer my shooting sticks! :shock2: ;yes;  Yeah, they ain't too bright.  I grabbed that dern thing by the neck about the time it was slipping a arm around my cross sticks & gave him a yank as I went to take off.  I assume it was the neck. I was about 6" down from the top.  :shrug:   Anyhoo, this here Walking Stick had himself a firm grip on that tree w/ his other 5 appendages. Needless to say I didn't get far.  :innocentwhistle:   Now I don't know, but I think maybe he thought I was a rival Walking  Stick after his gal. Like I said "They ain't too bright."  Wouldn't you know that thing lit into me & commenced to give me a thrashen like ain't never had since Mrs.Walpool disciplined me w/ a yardstick fer lighting a match in my desk.  :innocentwhistle:  I possibly wouldn't be here today if in the fracas he hadn't bumped my shooting sticks. In so doing the cross sticks fell ever so lightly on the back of the Walking Stick as if to say in a sexy, soft, pleading feminine voice, "Please don't hurt him anymore."  Boy, are these bugs dumb! :rolleye:  As he turned to look into her eyes I made good my escape.
Last I heard their living in Beech Bottom WV.  Though she'll spread her legs for him she still hasn't given him any offspring. :rolleye:
Gawd, those bugs are dumb!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:   Loved it absolutely loved it.  :roflmao:  That's what a good forum does for ya.

vvarmitr

Quote from: pitw on September 08, 2009, 09:42:53 PM:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:   Loved it absolutely loved it.  :roflmao:  That's what a good forum does for ya.
^^^^^^ That's as good as getting it published! :biggrin:
Glad you enjoyed the yarn Barry. :wink:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Quote from: vvarmitr on September 09, 2009, 06:08:52 PM
  ^^^^^^ That's as good as getting it published! :biggrin:
Glad you enjoyed the yarn Barry. :wink:

I love stories  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: Telling them and hearing them is as good as it gets.  I sometimes think there are a lot of people on the forum that can't read and write so I put pictures in some posts for them  :innocentwhistle:.  I do feel sorry for them when they can't enjoy of the post's like yours above that gave me great pictures through your writing.

FinsnFur

I can't read, all I can make out is those nodding smiley faces, whats he sayin?...whats he sayin?  :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 09, 2009, 09:07:59 PM
I can't read, all I can make out is those nodding smiley faces, whats he sayin?...whats he sayin?  :doh2:

Not you  :doh2:  All the guys/gals with no posts :shrug:

Hawks Feather

Neat pictures and I am glad that it was a little one - unlike V V's.

Jerry

NASA

The North American Walking Stick only attains 7" in length.  But the Giant Asian Walking Stick will grow to 17" in length.

pitw

NASA

They eat rotting leaves and other vegetable matter.  Harmless.

pitw

Quote from: NASA on September 10, 2009, 10:42:23 PM
  Harmless.

Thats to bad as they could be so good at being bad :iroll: