• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My son's Turkey

Started by cb223, May 10, 2008, 08:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cb223

We got to the woods at 5:30, the same spot I got my turkey last weekend.

We could hear three of them gobbling. Just going like crazy. When the hens started yelping I started imitating them only a little louder and more aggressive.  Cutting them off so to speak.

A hen came out into the field so we were watching her. Then two deer came out. As we were watching the deer. I was still calling, talking to some other hens that were behind us and to our left.

Out of nowhere 3 jakes come running in and proceed to kick the crap out of the decoys.

The aftermath.

Corey whispers "Dad I'm gonna shoot one. Which one is the biggest?" I tell him they're all about the same, wait till they separate and pick one.

BOOM    All three are still standing. OH NO!! He missed I'm about to freak out, SHOOT AGAIN!!! SHOOT AGAIN!!!   BOOM Second shot put one down.

A nice Jake. 5 inch beard and 1/2 inch spurs.

We took a few pictures, went out for breakfast and were back home by 8:30.
What a great way to spend a morning!

Now it's time for the work. Gotta get to cleaning.
CHAD

Bills Custom Calls

Good job fellers!!! What a way to start the day  :yoyo: :congrats: :highclap:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

KySongDog

Great job guys!   :congrats:

I'd get that last pic framed!  Lookin' good!   :yoyo:

Semp

DirtyDog

Nice job fellas.......that is awsome.  :yoyo: Quick thinking on the second shot.  :wink:

coyote101

Congratulations Corey!  :yoyo: :yoyo: Way to go Dad!  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

iahntr

Very nice indeed !!   :highclap: :highclap:
Congrats to you both.
Scott

FinsnFur

There's a couple morel mushrooms behind you guys in that pic, did ya grab those on the way out. :shck:

Nice job fellas. Is that his first Turkey? Knowing the passion you have for the sport cb223, I doubt it but I had to ask. never the less you both should be proud.
Give him a kudos  :yoyo: from us.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

cb223

Quote from: FinsnFur on May 10, 2008, 10:03:13 AM
There's a couple morel mushrooms behind you guys in that pic, did ya grab those on the way out. :shck:

I hope your joking  :doh2: If not I'm going back!

Thanks guys he was pretty excited. This is his second turkey. He got one last year also.

So now he has logged about 5 total hours of turkey hunting. Two times out two birds to show for it!  I think he might be spoiled.
CHAD

Coulter

Congratulations Corey and Chad...you turkey slayer you. I would have to agree you are spoiling him 5 hours in the woods and two birds :doh2: Maybe I oughtta move to Michigan.  :eyebrow: I had one standing about 40 yards away today. I never saw him come in. I was actually writing something down in my notebook and looked up to see him standing there staring at me :doh2: Then he disappeared. I couldn't tell how big he was, but at least I finally saw my first bird for the season :rolleye:

Check your PM's...

alscalls

:highclap: :yoyo: :congrats:Alright!!!
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

HaMeR

How sweet it is!! Congratulations on teaching your son to hunt & to your Son for lowering the boom on that bird!! It don't get no better than that right there!!  :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Silencer

:yoyo: :congrats: :highclap:  Congrats !!!  Job well done.

Frogman

That kid looks like he is really proud and happy!  Way to get the kids involved. 

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

keekee

Congrads! Thats a good looking bird!

Brent

pitw

Way to go.  That has got to be a good job of bringing up the younguns.  Feel proud you deserve to.
I say what I think not think what I say.