• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

This Weekends Adventures...pics

Started by bootmud, April 27, 2008, 07:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bootmud

My father and myself headed to camp for some turkey hunting this weekend. Weather was a bit warm for the end of April but we had a great time.

Got in the woods about 5 min to late cause some other hunters got set up on some birds before I could did. I figured first come first serve so I just plopped down off the beaten path and listed to the gobbling. A little later I headed over the side of the mt and did some exploring along Kettle Creek. I snapped a few pics of an enormous rock. Pics aren't the greatest, they were taken from my video camera.

There was a great view up the valley from the rock. Pic doesn't do it justice.

I was heading out of the woods about 10:30. I made a few crow calls and Holly Cow a gobbler sounded off really close. I set up on the old logging really quick and made a few calls. With in 5 min. this jake popped out of the laurel about 25yds away. Looked like some yummy turkey salad to me.

My father with the turkey.

Got back to camp and cleaned him up and took the carcauss and the Moultrie up in the mt to set it up in hopes of some cool pics. When we got back to camp and shut the door on the truck we heard gobbles behind camp. We set on the back porch and had some fun.(Turn up the volume)

Later went for a walk along the river and took a pic looking up and then down the west branch of the susquehanna.

Can anyone ID this scat, it was right along the river?

Thanks for reading!

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Red Dog

Great stuff B.M. Congrats on the bird :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Nice pics. Kinda looks like our country. Where'd you say you were again?

The scat, I'm gonna guess either fox or bobcat :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Nice lookin Jake!! Congrats!! And to hunt with your dad is really cool!!  :biggrin:

Nice pics & story too.  :wink:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Looks like you had a good time and that is what it is all about. 

Jerry

vvarmitr

Sweet!
Thanks so much for sharing.  :biggrin:

Jimbo: I figgured you'd say something about wetting a line when ya saw the water.  :laf:

keekee

Cool! Nice pic's and video! I enjoyed that!

Looks like Muskrat poop on the rock.

Brent

Silencer

Rivers lookin good down your way.  Its great to be able to hunt with your dad.  My father and I made a deal this year and on May 8th we have a hunt planed out.  Its been years and years since I've hunted with him.

Congrats, great pics.

KySongDog

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Frogman

bootmud,
     That terrain looks a lot like areas here in WV.  Sounds like you had a good hunt.  I'm looking forward to getting out tomorrow.

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

DirtyDog

Sounds like a good time for sure.....and that is some really pretty country.  :wink:

nailbender

One of these days I'm going to have to kidnap my Dad from the golf course.