• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Sling and front sight for Charles Daly Shotgun

Started by Teamroper, May 17, 2010, 08:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamroper

Recently I purchased a Charles Daly pump shotgun to have just in case I get into a real tight area to hunt. I know that they are out of business but the price was right and it had a really short barrel with the extra tight turkey choke, full camo and the works. My question is this. For those who carry a shotgun or a shotgun and a rifle when they hunt what type of sling do you use and why?

I noticed that there is a wide variety of slings available and I am tired of throwing a bunch of money away to find out what works. I also noticed that a regular rifle sling seems to be a little short. Do the longer rifle slings work better than the standard military sling? I saw numerous camo military type nylon slings in Gander Mtn. yesterday but didn't know what to get. Of course there were other brands of slings such as "The Claw" slings and others. I dont' want to buy 5 different ones to find out what works. A little feedback would be great.

Second problem. I want to put one of those bright front sights on this same gun but I don't want to spend a fortune and I was wondering do I need some special tool to put most of these on? Are the magnetic ones that they sell any good? And does anyone know what size thread the front bead is if I want to replace it with something. Any help in this area is greatly appreciated.

When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Teamroper

That's a good combo, but I already have the sling swivels mounted on the gun. Thanks
When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

weedwalker

I use one of the magnetic sights on my 870. It came with both orange and green inserts for it. The green shows up way better than the orange in the woods. I like it. I tried using both a front and rear sight. But liked it better with just the front sight.
My sling is just a plain camo 1" wide shotgun sling. Like you said, rifle slings are too short.