• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Dogknapper gets a good start

Started by possumal, July 04, 2014, 11:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Possumal Jr., aka 4Paws, has been teaching his oldest son, Justin, aka Dogknapper, to hunt coyotes, and got him started right this morning.  It was nice and cool, a good time to be hunting, and 4Paws had them set up along a big pasture. He was using a sequence on his Shockwave consisting of fawn distress, coyote & fawn, and other coyote vocals.  A young pair came into the far end of the pasture and came up a farm road toward the ecaller.  4Paws stopped them at about 100 yds, and Dogknapper dropped the male in his tracks, but he screamed bloody murder.  With Foxbang activated to coyote death cry, the female turned and came back up the farm road, and Dogknapper hit her in the side of the chest at about 50 yds and rolled her.  She got into the thicker cover and made it across the pasture with a hole in her chest as big as a baseball and her left leg just hanging by a thread.  Dogknapper followed up and popped her in the head with his pistol. Needless to say, he is hooked for life.  Here are some pictures:

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

KySongDog

Congrats, Al.  With Justin having teachers like you and your son, the coyotes are in big trouble.  I like that smoke pole he's toting too.    :congrats:

possumal

Thanks.  That is 4Paws' JP that Justin is using.  They are rigging him up a similar weapon.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

You guys are doing good, congratulations to the young man.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

possumal

John P, it seems the students are getting better as time goes by.  Next in line is a great grandson who is literally burning to go hunting.  I have him shooting nice groups now on the bench, and plan on breaking him in this fall.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff