• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My boss's place

Started by 5 SHOTS, December 23, 2011, 11:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 SHOTS

My boss has been asking me to come down and hunt coyotes since I started working for him. I finally made it today. He has about 4 square miles with no livestock that I knew I could hunt and another 6 that I found out about after the day was over. I walked all over those 4 sections calling and didn't see anything until I started back toward my car. On the last stand, I tried a "female mating howl" (according to WT), and seen a coyote sneaking in like a teenage boy going to ask a girl out for the first time. He was coming from directly down wind and creeping along so when he went down into a draw that hid me from him, I jumped up and ran over to the side. When he came back up I was ready for him but he ran into the forest.

I didn't have a clear shot at anything except his tail. I was wishing that I had brought my .458 win mag because it would shoot through the woods better than the .17 rem that I was packing. Suddenly, he got cold feet and decided not to ask the "female coyote" on a date. He turned and walked back out of the woods and stopped in a bad spot, right where the little .17 caliber pill would fit between the branches.

I only drug him half way back, then hung him up for the boss to "find" in the morning.  :innocentwhistle:

sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FinsnFur

Quote from: 5 SHOTS on December 23, 2011, 11:59:39 PM
I only drug him half way back, then hung him up for the boss to "find" in the morning. 

I like that idear :eyebrownod:

Nice job displaying patience too, it paid off. :wink:
Looks like a pretty decent light coat
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Brad H

I recognize that one...he had it comin' Well done!

Brad

riverboss

KySongDog

Way to go, Art!    :congrats:

Next time take that .458 win mag.  I'd like to see what that does to a coyote.   :eyebrownod: 

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

I like that country!  Good going on the coyote.

If you used a .458 just carrying the weight of the slug would slow him down if you could figure out how to keep it from exiting!

iahntr

Scott

weedwalker

Way To Go Art!! :yoyo: Nice looking coyote with some thick fur.

Hidehunter

WTG!  Good looking coyote.
Denver                                           

HaMeR

Way to go Art!! Nice looking coyote. I like the personal touch you shared with the Owner too.  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11