• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Heading for Arky saw

Started by msmith, January 08, 2021, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

Gonna be another long trip. Especially long this time cause my back is out. Momma and I are moving Pumkin Pie into an apartment for the second semester of skool.

I lament that we won’t be there long enough to get some fishing in on the Little Red River.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Okanagan

Have a safe trip.  You gotta be proud of that girl.

msmith

Quote from: Okanagan on January 08, 2021, 10:23:02 PM
Have a safe trip.  You gotta be proud of that girl.
Finally made it, 13 hours. I make this drive 3 times a year and it gets a little longer each time.

I absolutely am proud of her. Her and my son both insisted on going to school here (HardingU) with curfews, mandatory Bible classes, and chapel every day. It’s kinda strange being on a college campus and on Sunday morning kids are coming out of the dorms dressed up going to church.

Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Hawks Feather

Quote from: msmith on January 09, 2021, 12:48:49 AM
I absolutely am proud of her. Her and my son both insisted on going to school here (HardingU) with curfews, mandatory Bible classes, and chapel every day. It’s kinda strange being on a college campus and on Sunday morning kids are coming out of the dorms dressed up going to church.

I think you have some very intelligent children and two that you have every right to be extremely proud of.  This is the way colleges should be.

msmith

Quote from: Hawks Feather on January 09, 2021, 07:43:16 AM
Quote from: msmith on January 09, 2021, 12:48:49 AM

I think you have some very intelligent children and two that you have every right to be extremely proud of.  This is the way colleges should be.
Thank you. I have 3 kids 35, 24, & 20. Proud of all 3

Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

nastygunz

Definitely sounds a lot different than my college experience  :innocentwhistle:

JohnP

Wise decision on your part msmith.  Our daughter is looking for a similar college out here in AZ for our grandson
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

msmith

Quote from: nastygunz on January 10, 2021, 01:22:33 AM
Definitely sounds a lot different than my college experience  :innocentwhistle:

Well, it's still a university with 18-22 year olds away from mom and dad lol. It's mostly very conservative except for a few that are there just to play sports or their parents made them go because a) they went there, or b) It's a good school close to home. Those young'ens act the same as if they went to any other state school.

JohnP I know Harding is probably 18-20 hours away from where you guys are, but there are students from all over the country there. Most, including my daughter, split the trip back and forth into two days or fly. Parents do the same when visiting. I've made the trip at least 18 times over the last 6 years and though it's getting old, I'm thankful that the kiddos went there. It's easier to make good decisions, or maybe easier to not make bad decisions, there. I know the distance is hard but hey, when I was that age, I left home for Uncle Sam and couldn't afford to go home for a year and a half. Good luck
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori