• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A Tale of Two Field Goals

Started by Okanagan, November 08, 2018, 07:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

A Tale of Two Field Goals

My grandson had a ref call a good field goal ”no good” last Friday.  His dad had the same experience for apparently the same reason over 20 years ago. 

Grandson R kicks extra points and field goals very high, up at a steep angle so they are hard to block, and they go a long ways.  The field goal Friday night was about 25 yards, high above the goals posts.  One ref started to call it good but his partner ruled it no good and the other fellow agreed of course.  The holder and the kicker both knew it was good and reacted for a moment but they are smart enough to not argue with a ref.

When the kicker's Dad was in high school, he had the same experience.  In a 9th grade JV game, he kicked a 33 yard field goal high above the goal posts.  Both refs looked at each other, kind of puzzled and one slowly signaled “no good.” 

Awhile later, when the kicker was back alone waiting to receive a kickoff, one of the refs sidled over near him and quietly asked, “Was that field goal good?”  It flashed into the young player's head that he would likely play football for several more seasons and meet this ref again.  He grinned and replied, “It was awful close.”

Hawks Feather

He grinned and replied, “It was awful close.”

Now there is one intelligent player!

Jerry

Okanagan

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 08, 2018, 08:37:42 AM
He grinned and replied, “It was awful close.”

Now there is one intelligent player!

Jerry

For years I have told him he should be a politician!

JohnP

[/quote]
For years I have told him he should be a politician!
[/quote]

I have agreed with 99.9% of everything you have posted but this is way out of line...............
When they come for mine they better bring theirs