• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Big Ol Boar

Started by HuntnCarve, May 10, 2016, 04:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

I was sitting in the family room this afternoon, when I see a big Ol hog saunter across the patio.
He did not look in the patio door, but headed out across the wife's flower beds.
I quickly ran upstairs to the back bedroom, grabbed a rifle, and opened the window.  He was standing down below with his back towards me, gazing at the far off woods.  I got him in the scope, only to have him slip into the plants along the terrace edge.  Desperate seconds passed as I searched for him.  Finally I saw the plants moving and got the rifle pointed in that direction.  He obliged by hopping down onto the lower tie wall and pausing to gaze at HH1.  I quickly put the crosshairs on the back of his neck and touched off a shot.  Whap!  He just buckled and rolled onto his back.  Gave a few twitches, then was still.  The wife was not happy that he died on her freshly planted flower bed.  But he won't be bothering them any more. 
This makes No. 1 for the season.  He was a really big boar!  The local red fox family will make short work of him.
I am way behind from other years, but will gladly take any that stroll my way.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

Dave

That's great! 
You should probably just pull all those hostas and that bush out so they can't hide from you.

pitw

Some day I'm gonna see one of them critters in real life but until then thanks for your great accounts and photog skills. :bowingsmilie:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Whats he doing?? Sunbathing?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Dave,

Thanks for posting #1 (of hopefully many) for the season.  You need to ask your wife is she would rather have the hog die in her flowers or dine in her flowers.  Well, maybe that is just a question that you think about asking.   :biggrin:

Jerry

HaMeR

Gotta love a pic of a hog just laying there oblivious to the Life it just left!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Good shootin Dave!! We don't see near as many as we used to so now we wait til Memorial Day weekend so we can get to the young ones too!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HuntnCarve

I placed said hog in a clearing down below HH2 yesterday.  At 10 PM I heard the neighbors dog barking.  The local red fox was hauling the meal it just found up the hill to its den of pups.  I got videos of the fox a week back with a rabbit in its mouth.  It was 1PM in the afternoon.  Someone is feeding a family. :laf:

FinsnFur

Red fox are nice neighbors to have :eyebrownod:
They get free passes around here too.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com