• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Kel-tec P11

Started by FinsnFur, December 28, 2011, 08:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Jim,

I am a Kel-Tec fan as well.  I have had a P-11 since they came out several years ago.  The P-11 is my primary carry gun.  I can suggest several things to enhance your pistol.  First are the pinkie finger extensions for the magazines.  I have four magazines for my gun and they all have the pinkie extensions.  This allows you to get a more comfortable three finger grip on the gun.  They do not affect concealability much and really help with comfort when shooting.  They can be ordered from Kel-Tec.  Another item that can be added to the grip to enhance comfort is a Hogue Handall slip on grip.  It has a finger groove and palm swell and is a soft comfortable rubber that absorbs some recoil.  I had to trim mine a little and used some super glue to make sure it didn't move around.  I really like it.  Kel-Tec also has a trigger shoe that makes the trigger a little wider and helps make the trigger pull seem a little lighter because your finger pressure is spread out over a larger area on the trigger.  The tigger shoe is still less wide than the tigger gaurd so it is completely safe.  Finally there is the belt clip that mounts on the right side of the gun.  This clip does away with the need for a holster.  I tuck the pistol under my jeans and place the clip over the top edge of the jeans right at the 3:00 o-clock belt loop and under the belt.   When I leave the house I don't have to fool with a holster, I just tuck the pistol in my waistband and the belt clip keeps it in place. 

There are lots of other things you can do to enhance the P-11.  Check out ktog.org (Kel-Tec Owners Group) for further suggestions.  The ktog "fluff & buff" explains how to polish the feed ramp as you mentioned in your post.  I'm having problems posting pictures.  I will try to get some posted later.  I really like my P-11 as a carry gun!!

Jim     
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Frogman

Jim,

Here are the pictures . . .

The magazine pinkie extension

The Hogue Handall grip wrap

The belt clip

The trigger shoe

And the belt clip in use

Without the belt

The website for ktog is thektog.org.

Of course you can see that I have devoted years of training and exercise to develop my "concealment girth"!?!?

Hope this helps!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

weedwalker

GEEZZZZ Frogman. I thought I needed to back away from the table. :eyebrownod: Looks like you've been visiting that restaraunt we went to on a regular basis. :biggrin:

Glad to hear you got the bugs worked out Jim. I just thought we needed an update.

FinsnFur

I did see those extensions Jim, and I've been considering one.

Looks like he's got all toys available on his, dont it Ed? :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Scott