• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Official 2010 Bow Hunt thread.

Started by HaMeR, September 07, 2010, 02:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

Announcing the 2010 FnF Bowhunt Contest

Contest will be broken into two categories and will run from Sept. 12th, 2010 through Jan. 17th, 2011

Best Photograph
Can be a photo of any bow kill harvested between the dates above. Date stamped photos are a plus. Judging will be on the aww factor of the picture. Meaning either the size of the harvested animal/s, or the setting the pic was in, or overall picture, or all of the above. looking for something that stands out from an ordinary hero shot here.

Largest Whitetail Rack
Will have to be photo'd obviously, but I'll ask that you include something for size reference. A tape measure legible in the pic, measuring the spread, would be best.
Must be a Whitetail dear.
This will be judged on the widest spread, so measure them at their widest point.

•The members will judge the Best Photograph, and the Largest Whitetail Rack will judge itself.
•You don't have to specify which category you want your entry in. It will pretty much dictate that itself.
•All entries must be a registered Fins and Fur member at the time the contest begins. (Sept. 12th 2010) Midnight. This way no one is lurking, hops in after a massive kill and runs off with the loot, never to be seen again.
•All entries must be posted in this thread in order to be eligible.
•All entered pictures must either be time stamped via the camera, or there must be something in the photo reading "Fins and Fur 10". No photoshopped images.

Prizes
One 1st place winner will be selected for each category.

Each first place winner will receive...

•Either $50.00 cash, or $50 gift card to Cabela's or Basspro. Your choice.
•A Fins and Fur Decal
•A collaborative deer grunt compliments of Bill's Custom Calls and HuntnCarve. (photos not available at the time of this post)

Good luck to all

Once again Bill & Dave have come thru!!   :biggrin:

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

I decided I needed to get this deer hunting thing out of my system so I could concentrate on coyotes this fall.  :biggrin:  

Anyways, I climbed up in to my tree stand at 0-dark thirty this morning.  About 30 minutes after daylight this guy shows up.  He made it to about 15 feet from my stand when he began to wind me.  It is extremely thick where I hunt and I could not get a shot off due to the trees, brush, and other jungle parts in the way.   When he decided he didn't like the situation, he turned and trotted back the way he came but stopped at 28 yards out.  By then, I had twisted around in the stand and found a hole through the limbs to shoot through.  I put the red dot on his boiler room and the rest is history as they say.

He is an 8 point with a 16" outside spread and I aged him at 2 1/2 years old.  I nice buck and he'll make some mighty fine eatin'.   :eyebrownod:

coyote101

Way to go Semp!  :yoyo: :yoyo: Another one with the crossbow, congratulations.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HuntnCarve

Way to Go Semp!  That's a fine looking buck.  Looks like you're hooked on Crossbow hunting! :congrats:
Well done!

Dave

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Bills Custom Calls

That is a fine way to get things over with Semp Congrats   :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

KySongDog

Quote from: HuntnCarve on October 06, 2010, 02:14:38 PM
Looks like you're hooked on Crossbow hunting! :congrats:

I got started with my BIL's old crossbow last year and killed a doe.  With the rotator cuff surgeries I couldn't pull my compound bow (74 lb peak weight).

I can pull my bow now but since early crossbow season is Oct 1-17th I thought I'd give the crossbow another go.  I don't know if I would've made that shot with my compound.

iahntr

Dang, what took ya so long Semp !?!?  :shrug:       :laf:
You ain't messin around are ya.    :yoyo:
Very nice. Congratulations.    :congrats: :congrats:
Scott

weedwalker

WAY TO GO SEMP !!!! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
That's a nice buck you got. :yoyo:
Is it the same one you jumped the other day you think?

pitw

What a great thing to open after a hard day of slaving in the heat up here.   :innocentwhistle:   That sir is as nice a buck to look at as Iève had the pleasure of ogling today :bowingsmilie:.  Good job Semp on an early season animal. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

:yoyo: Awesome!
I knew you wouldnt let us down. I was wondering when it was gonna happen but I knew it was gonna happen :yoyo:

And that sir is a beauty to boot! :congrats: :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Quote from: weedwalker on October 06, 2010, 06:05:50 PM

Is it the same one you jumped the other day you think?

I am not 100% sure but it might be. 

I had a hand call hanging around my neck and was planning on playing the bunny blues if a deer didn't show up within a reasonable amount of time.  I had visions of a crossbow coyote in my head.    :eyebrownod:

HaMeR

I'd say you busted a nice one Semp!! Congratulations!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

alscalls

WTG Semp!!!!!!!!   :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:  Hunting season is ON!!!!!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

vvarmitr

Up North here Johnny we got things we call shooting lanes to shoot deer through. Do ya want me to send you a couple?  :shrug:
:laf:

Good job & a nice deer!  :congrats:

FOsteology

Way to go Semp! Congrats.

You, Dave, and few others on FnF roused by interest and curiosity last year with the various threads and discussions regarding hunting with a crossbow.
I joined the crossbow fraternity this year. I've been practicing, and will make my first stand either tomorrow evening or Saturday morning. I'm hoping to "gig" me a doe!  :biggrin:

HaMeR

FOs-- Welcome to the underworld of archery!!  :laf: :laf:  Seriously tho these crossbows are wicked bad. I sure wouldn't want to get stuck by one.  :nono: :nono:  Good Luck on your outing!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

Good luck with that crossbow, FOs!   They call 'em String Rifles.   :laf:

Tikaani

Congrats Johnny, I am glad you could fill the freezer with meat for the winte

Hunt hard, Die tired
John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.