• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Lithium Batteries

Started by JohnP, October 28, 2019, 02:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

For the uniformed, how long should a AA lithium battery last if used very sparingly and also can you charge a lithium on a Ni-MH/NiCd charger?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

Howdy Sir,
                I charged nimh batteries constantly for a variety of things I only have one set of lithium's that have a charger that came with them.  The lithium's are bigger than the AA batteries. In general lithium are more powerful and last a lot longer than nimh.
    I would suggest giving these experts a jingle and asking them and get the correct answer :

https://www.batteriesplus.com

remrogers

Thing with batteries is; How long where those suckers on the warehouse shelf BEFORE they went to the retail outlet? I had two rechargeable batteries for a DeWalt drill that lasted around fifteen years.

nastygunz

I use a multimeter to test the batteries after they are charged to. Lot of difference on voltage on the same battery sometimes.

slagmaker

A VOM wont give you a true value of a batteries health. You need a tester that puts a load on the battery. I got my battery tested at radio shack. You can get a quality one on amazon
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.