• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Might be time to kick Ebay to the curb!

Started by Todd Rahm, April 29, 2008, 01:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

wow  :confused:
Yeah that pretty much renders the feed back system useless. And opens up a whole new scam opportunity for the sellers.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

centerfire_223

Sounds like someone needs to kick him to the curb...ooopss did I say that.  What BS, to bad you can sue over nothing these days.  :shrug:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

KySongDog

Dayum!  I hope that doesn't apply to what folks say on internet forums!    :nono:

The Ebay feedback system is a joke anyways.  Most of the sellers won't leave feedback until you do.  If you leave negative feedback about them, they leave negative feedback about you.  I think it should be called blackmail instead of feedback.

Now it looks like one can be sued for what is said.  The legal system in this country is upside down.  We need a "loser pays" system IMHO.  Sorry........I am ranting again.

Don't sue me.

Semp

DirtyDog

Bopeye better watch all his "Bite Me's" someone might take offense to it.  :hahaha:

Carolina Coyote

WoW! The things people will sue over and the bad part is sometimes they win. :shrug:

pitw

Looks like the world could use my dream scenario of all the politician's jumping off a cliff with a lawyer under each arm.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Ladobe

Shouldn't be too big a surprise since free speech is being taken away same as all the other constitutional rights.

Except in the earliest days of EBay, their feedback system has been a joke, and one that has just become a bigger one as the site grew.   Why I haven't used their FB system except rarely for a long time and only had some 700+ positive feedback's even though I successfully completed 3-4 times that many transactions on the site in 11 years using it.   In the early days you could leave feedback for someone you didn't even do a deal with, and many people had multiple accounts so they could load up feedback's for themselves or friends, or do shill bids for themselves/friends, both illegally.   Then it became a more "if you'll leave positive feedback for me, I'll leave it for you" thing, like everyone using EBay really trusted the higher numbers.   Then folks started demanding feedback and would pester you until you did leave it or told them where to go.   As mentioned sellers will not leave it now until received even though they are in fact the first party satisfied in a transaction by receiving payment before sending the item.   Just a ploy to avoid negative feedback by sellers, and a lot of sellers on the site now days are not above board.   I doubt most buyers these days pay much attention to feedback ratings, at least not those who have been around the block a few times on EBay.

Whats next?

"I don't like the way you looked at me when you walked by.   Other strangers passing by saw that look too, so I am going to sue you for deformation of character."

Better get used to this kind of thing.   With so many lazy people in this country now, lots of them are just looking for a way to sue to make a living.   And since both people and the legal system are so screwed up, a lot of them will win their law suits.

All IMO - sue me for that.

L.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

vvarmitr

Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words I'll sue your @$$ over!  :argh:
:rolleye:  :rolleye:  :rolleye:

BTW Dead people don't sue!

Silencer

I refuse to make another bid on there.   

THO Game Calls

E bay has again changed the feedback system and starting in May, SELLERS will only be able to leave POSSATIVE feedback for buyers.  SELLERS will not be able to leave negative or neutral feedback.  Buyers can still leave any feedback they feel deserved.

SELLERS brought this on themselves by doing just as Semp said.  Retalitatory Feedback or being held hostage by sellers for feedback was the norm.

But that is changing, and a lot of sellers are leaving e bay because of it.  that's a good thing.   They hurt the site.

There are some other very significant changes starting in May that will make e bay safer and more buyer freindly.

As for the case posted, we do not know the details so you can't even speculate as to what really happened.

First, the SELLER may have llsted the item as needing assembly and the BUYER could have never even read the listing.  A common practice among buyers.

If the SELLER did not list the item as needing assembly, the BUYER had two options.

1) if she paid with PayPal, she could have filed a SNAD report, or Significantly Not As Described and paypal would have given her the money back.  She woulld have had to return the item, but the SELLER could not have made her pay a Restocking Fee.

2)  if she used a credit card for her purchase, she could have just filed a charge back with her credit card company and gotten her money back and been done with it.

If she paid by Money Order or Check, she deserves what she gets.  NO ONE pays by Money Order or Check on E bay.  (unless you know the person selling - like call collectors sending checks and Alaskan Money Orders to call makers)

The bottom line is, no one knows what really happened between the seller and the buyer and to make a judgement one way or the other without the facts is probably not fair to either one of them.

If you are a call maker, or you have an online business that has items that could be sold on E bay, you are missing the boat by not being at least somewhat active on the site.

E bay gets millions of visitors a day.  Having items listed from time to time give you exposure to more potential customers than any forum or group of forums ever could.  It is the cheapest advertising you can get.   And even though you cannot put your web site in your listing, you can lst your e mail address for people who have questions.

If I put      Al@THOGameCalls.com   for my e mail, most people are smart enough to take the Al@ out and put THOGameCalls.com in their brouser to see what the site is all about. 

You can also have a ME page with your site listed on it.   

Again, cheap advertising.   

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

bootmud

www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

Bopeye

Quote from: bootmud on April 29, 2008, 08:43:58 PM
Sue happy people suck! :argh:

bootmud

A BIG AMEN TO THAT BOOT!!! :yoyo:

When I hear someone say "I'll sue them" or "hear from my lawyer" or other silly crap like that, it just make me want to slap the taste outta their head.  :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

DirtyDog

Quote from: Bopeye on April 30, 2008, 05:17:00 AM
it just make me want to slap the taste outta their head.  :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:

:confused:

Are ya hungry?  :confused:

THO Game Calls

"An Armed Society is a Polite Society"
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

possumal

Damn!  This thread has made me lose what was left of my prehensile tail.  I am shaking all the way to the bottom of my possumpaws that someone will sue me and get all this money I don't have!! :roflmao: :roflmao:  As for Bop's "BITE ME" remarks, they don't have enough attorneys to handle that boy. Besides, he'll sick one of his curs on them.  :laf: :laf:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff