• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Inline Muzzleloader

Started by FozzyBear, April 13, 2011, 10:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FozzyBear

Done sum horse trading and got a c .v .a. inline 50cal don't know much about them. I use a custom Hawkins  with 3f black power. I've been told to use powerpelot by pyrodex.Can eney one school me on the inline muzzler  :confused:. I have shot it with 45g of 3f and 240 gr sabot shot hi at 100yd .Is 45gr of 3f too hot !

5 SHOTS

What model is it? A CVA should be a magnum and if so will handle up to 150 grains. if it is not the magnum, it will still handle 100 grains according to the book that came with mine. 2f or equivalent is recommended if i remember right. I might be wrong there. Either way most everyone I know gets their best accuracy with 80 to 90 grains of 2f. Mine has magnum printed on the barrel. I use granular for most everything because the pellets are a lot more expensive.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FozzyBear

It is a stag horn mag. It has a 26" barrel and a1:28 twist. Did not get a book with it so in the dark. Always used 3f couse it burns cleaner. So treat it like any muzzleloader? How do you like the one you have? Wat do you use for ammo. I got Hornady XTP MAG 50 CAL sabot w/45 cal jhp 240 gr . Thought about guest getting the sabot and using my bluet.

5 SHOTS

I haven't used mine for hunting. I just bought it for the fun of it. I do like it and shoot it fairly often. I use the Powerbelt bullets in mine because the book recommended them and because they are easy to get here. Some of the other brands are special order only. I had so much fun with it that I went and ordered a .45 caliber too. The .45 was probably a mistake as the bullets are getting harder to find lately, I don't see the .54 caliber very often either. the problem with just getting the sabot is the shape of the bullet. The sabot is shaped inside for a specific type of bullet and if the one you put in it don't fit right the accuracy could suffer. The Powerbelt bullets don't have a sabot, just a small plastic cup on the bottom for the gas seal. They make both a hollow point and a ballistic tip.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

John_NY

I haven't used mine yet. I bought it as a backup if / when my old cva blazer gives up. So far the old gun is still hitting the target. I never switched over to the new sabots "well new to me, I'm old". I use a patch and ball in my blazer I use hornady 170gr. round ball with 70 gr. Pyradex P. It has worked for me for alot of years so I never seen a need to change it.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

FozzyBear

I agree . I used patch & ball for many years. Stared out with a T C renegade 54 . Went to a comest belt hawkens. Just got the inline in a trad for a load of junk. Gave it to my 14 year old son. For his first rifle. Now my 16 year old doughtier is mad she whotes a gun now. She most likely going to get her grandad 22.250 she is better with it than I am.

slagmaker

And that is one nice 22-250. She should be very proud to have that one.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.