• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

mossberg 835 problem

Started by markTNhunter, April 13, 2011, 11:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markTNhunter

when i work my empty hull out sometimes it want throw the second shell in the chamber :madd: sometimes it works fine  :shrug: has anyone else had this problem and any ideas how to fix it  :confused:

KySongDog

With the 835 that I had (many years ago), I had to be careful not to "short stroke" the action after firing otherwise it might not pick up a new shell.

Try slamming the action back hard and then forward.   And it goes without saying to make sure the gun is clean. 

riverboss

i would take the trigger out and spray it down with brake cleaner and spray the rest of the reciever out i could just be a seed stuck under the latch that hold the 2nd and 3rd sheel and Semp might dae something with the short shuck the way those things kick its hard to remember what might of just happend when it went off ie seen alot of bloody noses with those things but they sure are one heck of a turkey stomper.

nastygunz

Semp might be onto something...on my 835 with 3 1/2 shells you need to pump with authority or it wont eject or pickup the shells..if you rack it hard it works fine...2 3/4 and 3 it is not a problem.

FinsnFur

Maybe you should let it cool down. I see all those turkey pics your posting  :eyebrownod: Dont think I dont. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

markTNhunter

:eyebrownod: you maybe right jim  :laf: meatals brobably swelled  :nono:.no semps right  you gota slam the (L) out of it and it works fine.
by the way i had another long beard about 30 yards yeterday morning but my hunting partner has been trying to get video footage and him and my wife and kids have been giving me a hard time for shooting to quick and not getting any on camera :eyebrownod: SO i was gona let this one come up about 10 or 15 yards strut around for the camera then blast him but he spotted somthing he didnt like alarm putted and off he went  :confused: dang camera!

FinsnFur

Quote from: markTNhunter on April 16, 2011, 09:57:29 AM
by the way i had another long beard about 30 yards yeterday morning

I dont doubt it for a minute :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

shaddragger

I've got an 835 myself , Mark, and the guys are right, if you don't rack it hard and fast it won't trip the magazine release with the 3 1/2's. Awesome gun though!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

awh

I have one & it's to the point it will not chamber another shell at all. I'm in the process of trying to find someone local that can fix it.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.