• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

New tool in the moose hunting arsenal

Started by Tikaani, April 05, 2010, 11:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

Had the Argo and had the canoe, figured I would find a way to get the canoe to where the Argo was going.  It is a touch top heavy and will be restricted to the high country where maneuvering through trees is not required.  Should also be great for bear hunting on alpine lakes while trolling for lake trout.  Made the mounts from HDPE to protect the canoe.

Hunt hard, Die tired
John

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

weedwalker

GunDog

That is a nice rig John. I like the way you done the mounts for the canoe also, very neat!  :wink:

coyote101

That's quite the set up there John. Very nice.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

That looks like the ticket to go anywhere.   

And those mounts look like they'd stand up to the weather better than wood.   :congrats:

alscalls

Nice set up........  arent you worried the canoe will rub hard on the brackets over time?
Just a thought.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

That looks like everything else you show John, Awesome.  Them brackets should do the trick nicely.  Enjoy the heck out of that rig eh. :readthis:
I say what I think not think what I say.

slagmaker

AHHH to live in a part of the country where that kind of rig is a necessity.

Sweet looking set up there.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

vvarmitr

WHAT? :shock2:   The Argo doesn't float?   :huh:

Jimmie in Ky

Now That is slick Tikani. Need the stealth you got it, need to move quick , you got it.  I would like to attach a set of wheels to the back of my puddle jumper for hte local watershed. Which as warm as it is , is where I should be right now  :biggrin: Jimmie

Hawks Feather

John,

You may need to quit making posts like this, it is making us all feel bad.   :wink:

Jerry

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

Scott

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

msmith

Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Okanagan

Nifty outfit, really well made!  Good photos to show detail.

I hunted moose a little from a canoe, drifted up on several cows, one within 15 yards.  Never have dropped the hammer on a bull that way but it sure is fun. 

A friend of mine in Alaska has a canoe like yours.  Once he got it loaded with moose meat he paddled to the end of a little lake, then dragged it across a swamp grass bog like a sled without unloading it!  He had a lot of rope and a come-along winch of some sort.