• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

3 piece distress call

Started by John_NY, September 23, 2009, 10:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

I just finished this call up and was wondering what you guys think of the way it looks. The barrel is Elk antler and the mouth piece is whitetail antler with a piece of bloodwood in the middle for the lanyard groove.  I usually make them in 2 pieces so I wasn't sure what you would think of a 3 piece distress call.  I lightened up the second pic. so you can see the bloodwood a little better hopefully.

Thanks
John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Hawks Feather

John,

It looks like you are having way too much fun with the antler.   :wink:  What is the size of your call?

Jerry

John_NY

I would guess the call is close to 4"  give or take a 1/4"

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

alscalls

I  like the call......  :yoyo: :yoyo:

I got some antler with cracks in it somewhere.....I should do something with it......Just to bug ya of course... :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Silencer

LORDDAL

John that really looks great man looks like a real nie finish specialy on the wood to me at least would be one anyone would be proud to put on their lanyard  :yoyo: :highclap:
Charlie
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

John_NY

Thanks Charlie. The antler shines as much as the wood  but you can ask Alscalls about my picture taking skills. He likes to bug me.  :doh2:  The finish is just a couple dips in poly. I like to make sure the antler smell is sealed inside and out for the sensative types.  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

John

vvarmitr

I'll tell ya what I think of the call ...
How much $?
:biggrin:

John_NY

vvarmitr I just sent you a pm.

John

vvarmitr

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!