• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

weird crow

Started by nastygunz, August 21, 2008, 08:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I did a quick hunt tonight in a huge cornfield....awesome weather....i set up quick....blasted crow distress...2 crows come in i nail one and the other escapes.....then i hear another crow cawing angry like....he circles....im like WTH?....had some very bright white wing and tail feathers....i thought it was a feral pigeon or some weird hawk or a sea gull...but it was a crow he was cawing and circling the caller....i shot and hit him, saw him jerk then do a slow glide down into the corn.....didnt even try and find him the field is enormous and pretty much impenetrable....grrrrrrr...i would have kept him for a mount!!! :argh:

nastygunz

This picture has double written allll over it.

Silencer

I've been waiting years to get a piebald crow  like that.  I've only seen one while we werent hunting. 

nastygunz

i saw one this spring didnt shoot not sure what he was till he came in cawing...im gunna hit that spot this weekend.

cathryn

sonds kinda like a magpie.

Silencer

Good luck gunz, wack em !!  I wanna see the oreo crow lol..

nastygunz

Silencer, what keeps screwing me up is when i see one im like? is that a -hawk-seagull-pigeon?...and when i figure out tis a crow they r usually haulin arse....but both times theyve come in circling and cawing...but i cant hear the calling cuz of the FX3 until i turn it down....if i see another im smokin it no questions asked if i think i can recover it...if not ill let it fly till the fields cut.

vvarmitr

What a shame to have lost that bird.  :doh2:   I've never seen one  .... yet, but when I do I'll do my best to get him mounted!  :eyebrow:

nastygunz

im gunna try the beaver pond where i saw the first one this spring season, tomorrow!