• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Just a tease, sorry...

Started by Coulter, February 18, 2014, 11:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Well, not entirely. The first two calls are heading to Jersey tonight. The Bocote is just part of my inventory for right now.

Ambrosia Maple Toxin

Curly Katalox Toxin w/ sapwood and wormholes... Remember this stuff Glen & James?

Bocote w/ a tad of sapwood Toxin...keep yer pants on James!

Thanks for lookin'
Steve

Dale

what do you need for the last one?...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

HaMeR

YEP!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:  I can't wait to start cutting into the wood I picked up.  :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

Dale...The Bocote call is $47 Shipped to your door.

Glen...That Katalox turns really nice. I never did get that candle holder made for my wife yet. It is started though, but I'm out of the shop for a few days now. Had to spend some time in the ER due to a miter saw issue last night. Going to see the hand surgeon tomorrow...I still have all my digits, but one heck of a bandage on the finger. Ironic, we were just talking about that stuff :doh2:

Thank you kindly Jimbo.

Steve

HaMeR

:shock2: :shock2: WTF did you do!!?? I sure hope you are going to be OK!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Coulter

I'll be fine...just going to take a bit to heal they said. The only thing I can think I may have done was having the blade resting on the wood as I started the saw. Well, it's going to take that piece of wood and throw it every time. I can't believe I did that. It pretty much mutilated my one fingertip, the wood, not the blade...thank God! Coulda been much worse...I'll take the 5 stitches over a missing finger any day. They took x-rays to make sure there was nothing broken. So, I'm thinking I might be able to get back in the shop by this weekend...hopefully!

Steve

Hawks Feather

Steve,

As they say, 'that is gonna leave a mark'.  I think about losing something every time I start up the table saw, mitre saw, etc.  That doesn't really prevent me from having some things go flying every couple of years.  The tool that I stay away from the most is a circular saw.  I just don't like them. 

Hopefully you will be able to get back into the shop soon and this will be your last ever accident.

Jerry

Dale

how about you pack that up and ship it to NC... pm me your payment preferences...

Coulter

That's the thing Jerry...I asked the doc if I would get a cool scar out of this...ya know, cuz chicks dig cool scars, she said she doubts it. I would probably just a have bumpy nail. Whatever that means :confused:

I'm probably most comfortable, or I was anyway, using the miter saw. That's likely what lead to the complacency and the mishap in teh first place, ya can't let your guard down for a second. That was actually the last piece of wood to be cut and my wife had just called me for dinner, I just got in a hurry I guess. My new favorite in the shop is the band saw, just wish I could use it more on calls. I'm shooting for this weekend to get back in the shop...I might try to sneak away when the wife isn't looking and at least drill some barrels.

Dale...I can do that I'll get ya a PM sent here in a sec.

Steve

HaMeR

I'm glad it wasn't any worse than that Steve. I think complacency is one of the top reasons for injuries in whatever a person is doing.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Dale

Steve, call arrived today in good condition... even prettier in person then the picture shows... thanks a bunch... 

Coulter

Thanks for the update Dale...glad ya like it. Good luck this season.

Steve