• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My home built call.

Started by trailtwister, June 12, 2015, 08:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailtwister

I used mostly Radio Shack stuff in this build, they are no longer in this area. A friend just built one and found all the parts on Amazon.

Driving down the freeway the wife yells stop as I went past a entrance ramp. I pull over and stop, she says one of those big cups you have been looking for is laying back there. I walk back down the edge and find it.

Some poor trucker will be buying another and may he learned not to leave the cup on the fuel tank when he fills up.

Painted it with Krylon splatter paint cut the bottom off afterwards.

Stuffed a small amp inside after setting the volume where it was clear sounding. with the speaker I had bought.

I also clipped the wires to the internal speaker.

Made a block so it would set steady and installed the speaker in the cups mouth.

Made the back so I can get inside to change the amps 9V battery and cut out for the on off switch and pained it all again.

I run a 25 foot patch cord with a inline volume control. Sounds are off varmintal's web site and wind rivers {been told they don't allow that any longer}
Sounds are on a Sansa clip MP3 player. I have been using it for almost 6 years now with out a problem even during some of the coldest winter days we have had recently. I also have several crow hawk crow owl fights on it and use it to call crows.

I have under 45.00 in it not counting the Sansa clip.

:biggrin:  Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

slagmaker

Sweet looking set up. Thanks for sharing
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Hawks Feather

Pretty neat build right there.

Jerry

JohnP

Good job, but why spend $45.00 when you can spend $600.00. :wink:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

trailtwister

I spent $45.00 cause I don't have $600 to spend. I lost count on how many coyotes and crows that have fell that were called in with this set up.

:biggrin:   Al
Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

FinsnFur

Thats ingenuity right there   :wink: Nice work.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com