• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Early Christmas

Started by Todd Rahm, October 21, 2006, 02:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Woke up today....late and in a rush to work............................and on the way out the door noticed 6 boxes on the table. Of course they are all from call makers................several names I noticed were Brads, Brandon, and Aaron's.  So in the moring I'll be ripping them open   :biggrin:

No Jim generally I rip them open on the way out the door  :iroll:, but today was kind of rushed.....................ya know Splinter Cell came out yesterday for the ole XB360 <-------------------Ask your daughter she'll know.  :roflmao:

FinsnFur

:roflmao:  yep she did to  :laf:

Dont forget to show us what ya got  :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Yeah I'll try to get a pic in the morning..........still work'n butt loads of OT darn it.   :madd:

But I did get them out and play with them today.........................and all are nice but let me tell ya this. I have either been missing out, or Brad has found the "Holy Grail" fo sound. He sent me one of his "A typical" calls (Top notched open reed antler), and a small buffalo horn tipped, open reed distress. Both very nicely done. I opened them up today, and figured to give a scream on the tip call, and in the past I have always used my teeth on open reeds, but not this. I just used my upper lip to  run the call, and man was this thing flawless in use, and the bonus was it was one of the best sounding open reed calls I ever heard, and I have a lot to compair with. This thing was high pitched and just screamed come and get me. Still in amazement and no offense meant hear Brad, but I figured that the antler call would be good to use and probably not as effortless, but I didn't expect it to play as easy or sound as good as the tip call. I don't mean that in any bad way cause I know your calls sound good, but man that Tip call was the "Bomb" <-------- Uh, Jim traffic to your site just picked up with that word.  :innocentwhistle: 

Well any way I let rip on the antler call, and thought to myself "Holy Sheit! Brads a freak'n genious" It had just a slightly different sound, but not by to much, but was just as effortless and awesomely sounding..............No Breaks, No Teeth, hardly any wind power. Very impressive, and the first thing that came to mind was, I am ordering another of each. SO Brad heres my official order, and Yes, one set is going on my lanyard, if I can figure out summtin for the tip call.

So Brad have I really just been missing out???????

FinsnFur

:laf: Now THATS a product review  :congrats:

....hang on a sec....homeland security is knockin on our door.  :shck:

hey do we get pics of these things or  :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Yip, Jim you'll get pics........................as it stands now I'll spend a whole day taking pics just to catch up my own photo file. Since the remodel last fall, I have fallenw ay behind, and I have some DANDY"S to share with ya. :wink:

Brad H

That was impressive. And who better to get a review like that from than.........

<------The Man------<<<

The truth is, the antler call style is one of two toneboard styles I use, and my favorite one. I've been using both styles for a couple years.

But that tip call, on the other hand.....is the first of its style. It's a lanyard grooveless prototype of something I've been thinking about calling the "Mighty Mouse". A real screamer of a high pitched call. Sounds like it might be a winner.

Thanks Todd,
I'll get on your request and be in touch next week when I get home from work.

Brad

bowjunkie

well I ain't posted much here but those calls sound just to cool ta pass up  :yoyo:..so if'n ya can I would really like a set as well Brad  :biggrin:

Thanks

Ed

Todd Rahm

Working on photos now fellers.

Brad H

bowjunkie,
I'll put ya down for a set. I gotta get a couple other call projects done I've been puting back. I'll be in touch in a couple weeks when I get there.

Brad

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Todd Rahm

fuzz624

Man,those things look wicked.Great job Brad.I love the way you cut the tone boards out of the stock you are useing.

WhiteHare

Does the Buffalo horn have a small hole in the bell someplace to attach a lanyard?

If it does, I may have something for you to take a look at.

Shoot me a note and I'll send you a picture.

Richard
WhiteHare Lanyards
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

Todd Rahm

Hello Richard,

This particular one doesn't have a hole in the barrel, but the second one Brad has done for me has lanyard grooves on it.

Thanks,
Todd