• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hey Mr Bob!!!!

Started by Arkyyoter, November 19, 2006, 11:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Guys......Bob sent me a box of antler, which was VERY kind of him!! At any rate, he wouldn't let me pay him anyting, so I thought i would try to make him something in return....

I made him this from a piece of his antler.....I know, I ain't a known as a real antler call guy like Brad and another guy or two, but such as it is, here it is......

With Bob being a southern boy, I tuned it a very mild/sweet sounding...medium volume cottontail....I hope it calls him in some fur.....It will be coming your way Sir, and I appreciate the antler!!!

Joe

THO Game Calls

Well, it's true a man would have to go a long ways to equal one of Brad's antler calls, but it sure does look like you came darn near close.  That is a beautiful call. 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Hawks Feather

Joe,

If that antler call is anything like the one that I got from you, I am sure he will be happy.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Show off  :biggrin:
Very nice Joe  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

straycat

What call!!?????????  All I can see is PIE !! Looks to be dried apple. Do ya get one free with every call?    :eyebrow:
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

MattS

Call looks great and I agree with straycat on the pie looking real good.  You might triple your business if those pies are offered with every call.

What kind of finish did you use on that call?

Matt

Bob D

Hey Joe that call looks great thanks! Don't forget to send the pie! LOL
Bob

Arkyyoter

Thanks a lot gyys......very kind of you all.....

Matt......that finish is multiple coats of polyurethane.

Joe

FinsnFur

Joe, your ignoring em  :pout:

The Pie?  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

studabaka

That must have been it Joe....... you put the pie in with mine and IT WAS the postman that got it...  :roflmao:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Arkyyoter

WEEEEEeeeeeeellllllllll, Straycat was right...is IS a dried apple pie......from time to time my wife does something to it and makes it smell all yummy again.....that one has been on that table now for several years.....I guess they last forever  :shrug:

:hahaha: Unless some idiot tries to eat 'em....Man would it take a LOT of milk and ice cream to get that sucker down!!!!!  :roflmao:  :laf:

Joe

FinsnFur

Boyy, AAH never heard of that. So it's like a decoration.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Arkyyoter

Yessir......just a decoration......it lives in that old antique glass thingy :)

Joe

FinsnFur

It lives in there   :roflmao:            :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Arkyyoter

Ahhhhhhhh shadduppppp!!!!! Go eat turkey ya dang Yankee........... :wink:
:wink:

Joe

bowjunkie

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 22, 2006, 11:08:17 PM
It lives in there   :roflmao:            :confused:

+1   :roflmao:

desert dog

I don't care who you are, that is dang funny!!!!!!!!!

Loren
www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

Todd Rahm

I really love a call made from that part of the antler, but really love the coloring. Nice job Joe.   :congrats:

Any you fellas thought about different colorings for the antlers? Ah lets say black shoe polish insead of brown......or what ever? Just hit me so I thought I would ask?

Be safe,
Todd

Arkyyoter

That was it's natural color....I don't color woods or antlers :) Thanks for the nice words Todd!!

Joe

studabaka

How about snow?  :roflmao:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff