• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

THO Howler?

Started by Mallardsr, December 11, 2006, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mallardsr

I can not thank Al enough for the howler I received from him. It is amazing. This howler just blows away everything I have  with a open reed. It is easy to blow,has a very clean sound and much easier to control than my other open reeds. This is not the first call I have received from Al and is what prompted me to ask him to build one. This call does however have one major flaw! The finish on this call is showcase quality or above. There is no way I'm taking her to the woods. I'm thinking I'll probably use it at midnight Newyears eve for the rest of my life. Now that I think about it, that would be an injustice also. I hope Al continues to make these howlers.They are amazing.Thankyou Al.
                                                                                                                                          RP

Todd Rahm

Holy smolers Al!!!!!!!!! Thats nice look'r there!!! :congrats: 

Mallard if ya like I can store that show piece for ya in my "Top Secret Call Vault"  :innocentwhistle:  :biggrin:

Very nice Al............and add me to the list if ya start producing them.

FinsnFur

That IZ nice  :biggrin:
How bout a sound clip Mallardsr
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

Well, I'm glad that it got there in one piece and you liked it.  I can tell you that I have a lot of respect for the guys who make howlers.  There is a LOT of sanding that goes into them LOL.   That one was sanded to 800 grit and then put on my buffing system with Tripoli and then White Diamond.  I hit it with the wax wheel afterwards for just a few minutes.  Nothing else is on it, so it should be able to be buffed right back should it get smudged. 

Hope you get it out to hunt with it thoufh.  I have one I just finished up that I am taking out on Thrusday along with the one I got from BradH.  We may not call in any coyotes, but we are going to scare the bejesus out of any remailing mountian bikers in the area   :eyebrownod:

Thanks again for the nice comments on the call. 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Hawks Feather

I used to bike and I am sitting here with a big smile on my face at the thought of a biker hearing a howler.  It would get the blood flowing a little quicker than the normal exercise rate.

ROOSTER

I lucked out and received the other Howler Al made. This call makes an excellent howl almost effortlessly. Nice clean howls and barks with none of the sudden pitch changes that sounds like someone learning to play the clarinet.  :nono:
The finish is as smooth as glass. Like Mallardsr said I'm scared to take it out of the house.I'm afraid I'll scratch it. But there is no way I'm going to go calling with out it. Guess I'll have to make myself a protective case for it. :biggrin:
Absolutely outstanding Howler!! :yoyo:       I don't know what else to say.
Al , Thanks again.
:bowingsmilie:

THO Game Calls

Glad it got there OK and you liked it.  Hope it brings you in some fur this year. 

As for a bag to carry them in, I hope to have camo bags made for the howlers starting after the 1st of the year.  They will be a fleece camo bag with a braided shoulder strap.

Another option, and one I use, is a wool pouch from Johnson Woolen Mills.  They run about 22 bucks and will last a life time.

The link to their site is

http://www.johnsonwoolenmills.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=JWM&Category_Code=BD

The one I have is solid green, and I see that they only have the checked now, but it fits a medium sized holwer well and hangs on your belt.   

Again, glad you liked it.  I hoipe to have some more on the site after the holiday.   

AL
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

bowjunkie

now thats one sweet howler :yoyo: Al PLEASE add me to the list as well  :biggrin:

THO Game Calls

Geeze - first you wanted two calls, and I got them ready to send them out, then you said add the two new colors to the batch and I made one and will finish the other tomorrow - now you want a howler -   I will need a wheel barrow to get the box to the post office.    :roflmao:  :roflmao: 

It will have to be after the first of the year Bowjunkie.  I just can't handle any more orders right now but I will pick out a nice horn for you and set it aside until I can get to it.  In the mean time, you have 4 leaving to come to you.  I don't want to hear a word about the violte acrylic.  It's not my fault it looks pink.  Honest.  I didn't  know.  Honest.  Will Merry Christmas make up for it? 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Brad H

Mallardsr and Rooster,
Those howlers are finished just like a horn howler ought to be finished in my opinion. A reflection (not intended) of work ethic. Can't say that I'm surprised though. I'd expect nothing less from a THO call. You guys got a couple of jewels there.

Now, take'em out and use'em! :yoyo: :biggrin:

Brad

bowjunkie

keekee

I haft to agree with BradH on that one, I would not of expected anything else from THO! Very fine work Al!

Brent