• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

ABC

Started by Arkyyoter, December 12, 2006, 10:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

Hi guys....I guess I was feeling a little adventurous today...I was able to build 4 more ABC calls....I built 2 of them from small pieces of wood with which I had never worked...Amboyna Burl, and Camphor Burl.....those woods are very nice, and unfortunately very expensive  :o  I won't be messing with those much, but man are they nice woods.....the Camphor was a little hard to finish...I spent a lot of time on this call....detail work and undercuts in the lanyard groove....LOVE the shape...I also turned the mouth end a little too thin ... it will be fine, but it is thinner than I wanted....I made a BooBoo, my loss is your gain...it was going to be 35.00, but will go for 30.00 on account of this BooBoo!!

I also had a great piece of Birdseye that Rick Robbins sent me....lots of eyes!!

And a piece of Osage....it will be a bargain as somehow it got slightly off-center....I HATE it when that happens!!! But it sounds too good to cull....so :shrug:

Amboyna Burl

Camphor Burl

Osage

Maple

I am sorry to do this guys, but the Amboyna Burl call will be 35.00....

The Camphor and the Maple are 30.00

The Osage is 25.00

These prices are delivered...

Thanks for lookin'.... :grin:

Joe

Bopeye

Those are some pretty calls Arky........
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

MattS

They look amazing. Classy

Matt

Hawks Feather

Joe,

You better be careful turning that wood.  You will end up with "wood-turning" fever again and your wife won't see you for days and days.

Great looking calls,

Jerry

Arkyyoter

All sold...thanks again everyone...

Joe