• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

book of Revelation

Started by bambam, January 17, 2020, 08:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bambam

I know a lot of you are religious, and read your Bibles. I 've always had a fascination with the Book of Revelation , maybe because it scared the crap out of me as a young boy. HAHA.

Over the years , I've come to understand the symbolism to a better degree, through various sources, and by re-reading it more times than I can remember.  The first thing that really helped was a "Bible "  my dad got many years ago from Liberty University, when Jerry Falwell was in his prime, the Liberty Bible Commentary. It has commentary by various pastors to explain every chapter of the Bible. It really helped me in my early years.

Then I read several books by John Hagee on Revelation . I really like him , he isn't politically correct , he tells it like it is.

I recently found this series on youtube, Pastor Arnold Murray, Shepherd's Chapel. He reminds me of a preacher from my youth, an old-time preacher, who also tells it like it is. He has a series of videos, 35 to be exact, each about 35 minutes, where he explains Revelation verse by verse. Not saying EVERTHING he says is gospel,  but if you want to understand Revelation it is worth a listen.

Here's a link to the first lecture;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAfAQtIZiIc&list=PLiA6kuKpn0D3WvNRgOfNsiPFJmajMuR3p&index=1

JohnP

Hagee was on Levin a few nights ago and your correct he is a great speaker.  Wife and I use to listen to him on a regular basis.  But as his son started taking over we listened not so much. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

bambam

Quote from: JohnP on January 18, 2020, 10:12:41 AM
Hagee was on Levin a few nights ago and your correct he is a great speaker.  Wife and I use to listen to him on a regular basis.  But as his son started taking over we listened not so much.

I agree, I still listen to John Hagee's old sermons on youtube.

pitw

I have a tendency to listen to Ma cause what she says makes sense.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

I remember seeing him on TV
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com